KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That 790 PROTOTYPE/exhaust mod?

So we all fell in love with the 790 Duke Prototype when we first saw it.

Anyone give any thought to modding the tail section to accommodate an under seat, exhaust, to mimic the Prototype?

Love to hear all your thoughts on how we could make it happen. :devil:

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When my dreams become reality..

As of right now, Stahl (in Germany), is crafting complete kits. They suggest individual exhausts will be available after November.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2500€
Not really for street use 😉
It could be for street use, depending on your location, and how creative you get with the rear lighting and license plate. :angel:

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Interesting! I like the look of the under tail exhaust, but I wouldn't cut it out to make it work. I bet this will take off if they can make it an easy install and affordable.

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting! I like the look of the under tail exhaust, but I wouldn't cut it out to make it work. I bet this will take off if they can make it an easy install and affordable.
I agree, I'm also not crazy about the cut-up tail. But I give 'em an A for effort. :smile_big:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I mean, where do all the electronics go? The relays? the other connections under the pillion seat?

If you look at the video you can see they have removed all of the plastic under the seat / over the rear wheel, the integral mud guard. It seems like they have made a custom Al box for the air intake - you can see right through the bottom of the machine. Not a very practical result IMO.

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Yea it looks like the whole bike is sitting over the front wheel and there is nothing behind you. I am sure they can figure out a practical way to hang the pipe from handle screws and maybe flatten it out a bit. I always loved under seat pipes though. Makes bikes look so much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts