KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
There are two sensors on the gear change assembly
A gear Position Sensor
Shift Assistant Sensor which when it detects movement via a magnet controls the ECU for quick shifting, but i must say i was not aware of an adjustment

·
Registered
91 Posts
I asked my dealer to check the quick shift sensor at my first service because i thought it was a bit lumpy, he told me there wasnt really any adjustments possible.

a 1000k later and me learning how to use it better it smoothed up on its own.

If the service manual says there is a check to be made i guess there must be?

Maybe its just a check to see its still tightly fastened?

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
I asked my dealer to check the quick shift sensor at my first service because i thought it was a bit lumpy, he told me there wasnt really any adjustments possible.

a 1000k later and me learning how to use it better it smoothed up on its own.

If the service manual says there is a check to be made i guess there must be?

Maybe its just a check to see its still tightly fastened?
maybe....
yet again would be interesting to know the truth
as it uses a magnet this is just an on or off situation so i am struggling to understand what adjustment

·
Registered
171 Posts
BUMP--Does anyone have a better answer to the Original poster question now that some time has past. What is exactly meant by " Program the shiftShaft sensor" as part of annual service.? Only if your quickshifter is having an issue or does it need periodic recalibration of some sort even if riding unaware of a problem? Does this even refer to quickshifter?

·
Registered
224 Posts
BUMP--Does anyone have a better answer to the Original poster question now that some time has past. What is exactly meant by " Program the shiftShaft sensor" as part of annual service.? Only if your quickshifter is having an issue or does it need periodic recalibration of some sort even if riding unaware of a problem? Does this even refer to quickshifter?
Yes, it's to recalibrate the sensor for the quick shifter that detects the shifter shaft movements when you're pushing the shifter up/down to activate the QS. It is part of the maint schedule
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

I watched the tech do it and it's recalibrated using the KTM diagnostics tablet hooked up to the bike while the tech runs the bike through the gears.
My dealer will just do the diagnostics/recalibration/updates on their own if you like.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yes, it's to recalibrate the sensor for the quick shifter that detects the shifter shaft movements when you're pushing the shifter up/down to activate the QS. It is part of the maint schedule
View attachment 9034

I watched the tech do it and it's recalibrated using the KTM diagnostics tablet hooked up to the bike while the tech runs the bike through the gears.
My dealer will just do the diagnostics/recalibration/updates on their own if you like.
The Texa diagnostic system can do it too so doesn't always need to be a KTM dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.