KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am thinking buying the PP tank protector, i was wandering if they are gripy at all ? They look nice but in the same time i would like to have something that as grip. So should i go with real grip pad or these are good? I am not going to be on track too often, at least not in the next 1 or 2 years.
Thank’s

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello, i am thinking buying the PP tank protector, i was wandering if they are gripy at all ? They look nice but in the same time i would like to have something that as grip. So should i go with real grip pad or these are good? I am not going to be on track too often, at least not in the next 1 or 2 years.
Thank’s
I installed a pair of the PP tank protectors and really like them - I mostly put them on to protect the plastic around the tank.

They have a rough stippled surface so are quite grippy.

I am tempted to get another pair to cut down and place some below the crease of the plastics (they are shaped to fit above it).

·
VIP member
416 Posts
I like the PP tank protectors. I haven't found them to provide noticeable grip, mostly because the bike is so skinny that my legs barely touch them. I do like how they protect the plastic and how they look, though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have them and I don't really use them. I end up gripping the black plastic piece more, but I like the the look of them. breaks up the orange

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Agree. They are pretty grippy, when my legs actually touch them. I find I need to be way up on the tank and then hanging off for my legs to even touch them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have them too. They are quite grippy, but you won't be using them much, as mentioned by others. They look alright and do a good job in protecting the unpainted plastic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts