KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but does the pp hanger fit the standard silencer? If can't get the bolt through as the hanger touches the silencer, so I'm thinking maybe it only fits the akro silencers? In which case what is the part that comes as standard on the 890r? Can't see that on the parts list so assumed it is the pp item. Confused 馃槙

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks, I'll have another go at it. I'm sure it's nothing a big hammer won't solve 馃槀

Registered
I ran the bottom of my bracket on a belt sander trying to get it to clear, got it most of the way. A dead-blow hammer dent in the muffler and she was good to go!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks YoungLion and Rick. Sounds like it doesn't fit then! Was thinking of expanding the hole in the outside bracket a bit and/or a small hammer between bracket will sort it out. Or an aftermarket can...

Registered
Wow - that's very weird...
I went with the Evotech version, which looks very similar to the PP version, and it fit without any issue, whatsoever. The flexibility of the rubber insert - taken from the stock mount - seems like it provides a bit of leeway for any fitment issues. Belt-sanders and hammers?

Registered
Thanks YoungLion and Rick. Sounds like it doesn't fit then! Was thinking of expanding the hole in the outside bracket a bit and/or a small hammer between bracket will sort it out. Or an aftermarket can...
It does.
I had the same issue on trying to fit with the stock exhaust, by forcing a lot.. and some small scratches onto the subframe got it through... to read on a post that I should have loosen the exhaust pipe itself.

So if you want to be clean, just loosen the exhaust at the pipe/catalyst jonction. Lose enough so you can move the exhaust to outer and then manage to slide in the exhaust hanger with rubber.

Good luck 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I got mine fitted in the end, loosening the exhaust definitely helped but the real difference was using the rubber from the exhaust instead of the new one that came with the hanger. The old one had compressed a bit so had a bit of play, just enough to get the bolt lined up without using the hammer!

Registered
I opted for a CNC hanger from china on eBay. 拢19 delivered. My bike has a few R&G bits now but I grudge paying the 拢60+ for a R&G/Powerparts/Evotech hanger. It just doesnt justify that price in my mind.

Anyway, the quality is great and considering it's a very low stress part I dont see any future issues. Just a wee heads up for anyone that's seen them and thought about it like me 馃憤馃徏

1 - 11 of 11 Posts