KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a little insight to this install. It seems I have to take the pinch bolts off I was wondering if there was any thing to worry about while they were off and maybe the torque if anybody happens to know off the top of their head. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
414 Posts
View attachment 5546 looking for a little insight to this install. It seems I have to take the pinch bolts off I was wondering if there was any thing to worry about while they were off and maybe the torque if anybody happens to know off the top of their head. Thanks in advance for any help
Hi @Bill - almost all torque settings are listed in the back of the owners manual in the Technical Data section.

If it attaches to one of the top triple clamp pinch bolts then I think it should be an M8 bolt set to 15 Nm (11.1 lbf ft) - that's on page 267 in the 2019 manual.

It's in the manu

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DMA again I was wondering if I take those bolts out is there anything that's going to move on me or jump out of whack

·
Registered
414 Posts
No problem.

I think you will be just fine - the forks are held by both top and bottom triple clamps and you won't be sitting on the in the bike or putting any stress on it. The bottom clamps have two bolts each.

Just do each side one at a time - remove existing bolt, attach your new bracket and torque it up, then do the other side.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet thanks, You're the best..
I think I'm going to attempt it tomorrow I'll post up some pictures if successful lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Different screens mount on different points. The Puig one I have uses the top fork clamp bolts and the Powerparts one I have on now uses the screws on the side of the clocks /headlight area. You'll be fine

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys, special thanks to DMA and the forum, the install went really well. Well built peace, fit great, easy install. I think it looks great. Not sure how effective it'll be, I'll let you know but it will protect my electronics. Here's some pics

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the looks of your bike. I have the same color combo which I'll be picking up in about a month. Think your decals really add to the looks. Can I ask where you got the decal kit?
Thanks,
I bought several decals from hyena it, crispy designs, ebay, Etsy and I'm currently working with Christian from crispy again for more. I could not find one whole kit that I like so I have been working on this for months and still have more to do

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks, View attachment 6565 View attachment 6566 View attachment 6567 I bought several decals from hyena it, crispy designs, ebay, Etsy and I'm currently working with Christian from crispy again for more. I could not find one whole kit that I like so I have been working on this for months and still have more to do
How about the 790 wheel decals. I'm not fond of the orange wheels but the decals break up the orange. Also the mid pipe cover. I have the same exhaust can and mid pipe without the cover. It's a nice addition as well. Although I also have a Triumph Tiger 800, it's located in AZ and is my winter touring bike. So the Duke will have to wear many hats, one of them being to tour on. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of this windscreen?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about the 790 wheel decals. I'm not fond of the orange wheels but the decals break up the orange. Also the mid pipe cover. I have the same exhaust can and mid pipe without the cover. It's a nice addition as well. Although I also have a Triumph Tiger 800, it's located in AZ and is my winter touring bike. So the Duke will have to wear many hats, one of them being to tour on. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of this windscreen?
The wheel stickers came from spinning stickers, the cover came with the exhaust when I bought the Scorpion. I guess screens are a matter of preference and how much protection you're looking for that's a nice one little big for me though. Good luck with your bikes and ride safe :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Definitely one of the better looking screens for the 790/890. I like the minimalism. It's very easy to ruin the front aesthetics of this bike with a larger screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.