KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Potential New Owner

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  648 
#1 ·
Hi.
I'm 99% sure my next bike will be a 790 but just wondered what are the bad points/downsides, people have found. I'm going for a demo in a couple of weeks so that should hopefully help my decision but basically till then im just learning as much as possible.
Will be going to either Craigs Dewsbury or SMC at Sheffield for the demo.
I currently ride a 2018 husky 701 sm and mainly ride in the Peak District and Yorkshire dales. I also did my first trackday at Cadwell last year, loved it so will be hopefully doing plenty this year.

#8 ·
I hear that, we were discussing the 990Sd in that context too, it's just raaaaarrgghhh all the time. The 790 is a ***** cat when you sit at slower speeds, but can hustle when asked. But it doesn't dictate your ride by its traits, like say the 990, it demands hooliganism all day every day. I've not ridden the smcr/701 but I can see how they would too based upon my ownership of 690s. You have to ride the 690 hard due to the power, or lack of it.

I'll be very very interested in your report

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.