KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking mine up FRIDAY! Wife is away this weekend and does not know yet... Will be a fun weekend, not so sure about Monday.
I grabbed a black one, dealer (KTM Gresham) has one more in Orange.
Portland, OR

·
Registered
113 Posts
glad to know we'll have yet another KTM owner on the forum.
what bikes did you use to own and what made you wan to go with a KTM of all the brands we have to choose?
keep us posted on when it arrives!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glad to know we'll have yet another KTM owner on the forum.
what bikes did you use to own and what made you wan to go with a KTM of all the brands we have to choose?
keep us posted on when it arrives!
I had a 2007 Ducati S2R1000 Monster which was sadly stolen 2 summers ago. I have a DR650 but have never gelled with it and don't enjoy it much (but great bike). I test rode a 765 street Triple and liked it BUT it just did not have that 2 cylinder grunt I liked so much with Ducati. 790 on the other hand has just enough grunt and also fun factor to make it a worthy replacement for the 1000cc Ducati.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pdxsnap, I would imagine you are very eager for the weekend to begin. Good call on picking it up while the wife is away. Look forward to hearing her reaction lol. Does she have a background in bikes as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At long F'king last!

After 34 days of waiting for dealer to tryand fix an immobilizer issue the bike was dropped off to me the day before yesterday (with 59 miles on odo, after giving it back with 8 miles!)....

Got busy last night and got some parts swapped out. Will e more to come.

Looking forward to just riding now.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts