KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that the plastic tank cover is rubbing against the tank and paint starts to come off on the right side. Same on the left side but can't see it much but it will get worse eventually.

There is some black pads in there but they dont help much as they are too thin. Should be at least double the thickness.

I remember reading somwhere about similar issue but I ignored it and now my tank is fuc**ed.

So please check yours and do domething now before its too late :p

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
That there is a BIG GAP. I'm having trouble seeing how it ever touched.

This is an overtly pointed question - Been riding with a strapped on tank bag at all?

I always have a sh*t load of little rubber pads and feet with adhesive backs. Because of my job I have always had access to loads of free ones. The 3M film works too but not that well for edges.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is an overtly pointed question - Been riding with a strapped on tank bag at all?

Nope, no tank bag or anything, I need to investigate this because as you said the gap is quite big and there is some padding in there but still somehow the plastic is touching the tank.
Maybe at high speed the bike is vibrating or something and there is a contact. Hard to say.

Or maybe it happened in a different way, who knows. It's barelly visible on the left side but it will get worse eventually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts