KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
KTM 890 Duke R (2021)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the 890 R fitted with the pillion foot pegs so I can take my daughter for rides, like I did on my MT07 previously. I'm finding it tricky to balance the bike with her on board due to the high and relatively set back position of the pillion seat. Any tips (other than, practice) ? We are both about 50 kg (110 lbs) / 165 cm (5'5).

Registered
Height wise, maybe use the KTM -20mm (lower) replacement seats? (I know they are available for 790s like mine.) Length wise, seat as far forward as the seats allow (closer to the bike's center of gravity).

You may also practice (by yourself) by wearing a backpack w/some weight on it, or w/it strapped to the pillion seat.

Good to see that motorcycling is a family affair at your home. Enjoy! (y)馃榿

Registered
First and foremost - DO NOT BUY THE PP -20mm seat. There is enough evidence out there that it actually makes foot/ground contact WORSE.
Find a good local upholsterer.
But I would find a good suspension place near you and see if they can modify the suspension.

I have recently been through this with another bike. It works out MUCH CHEAPER.

Registered
I probably ride with a pillion 90% of the time and it's critical that the pillion feels comfortable and stable so that you can get on with riding.
I fitted this Hepco & Becker rack in place of the grab bar as it has a more comfortable grab handle position and also acts as a backstop if you give it some beans.
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle

Another help would be some grab handles around your waist.
If your pillion is stable it will make your ride much easier.

Registered
KTM 890 Duke R (2021)
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I probably ride with a pillion 90% of the time and it's critical that the pillion feels comfortable and stable so that you can get on with riding.
I fitted this Hepco & Becker rack in place of the grab bar as it has a more comfortable grab handle position and also acts as a backstop if you give it some beans.
View attachment 9791
Another help would be some grab handles around your waist.
If your pillion is stable it will make your ride much easier.
Thank you, that's a great idea !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts