KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hopefully ordering my 790 Duke this week for commuting and weekend blasts, as well as taking the Mrs out on a few trips at the weekend.

She's not a fan of holding a grab rail behind her back though, does anyone know any other options? Do the Adventure grab rails fit for example?

Also the 125 and 390 has several options for fitting a top box and back rest, or even just a back rest integrated into a luggage rack so you don't need to have a top box on all the time. I can't find anything for the 790 except KTM's own which is insanely expensive compared to the aftermarket for the other bikes, e.g. Shad.

I've attached some pictures so you can see what I mean.

Anyone know anything that might work? All ideas welcome!!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know SW Motech sells a cover for the back seat. You could always put a big case on the back or a seat if it bolts up

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi guys, hopefully ordering my 790 Duke this week for commuting and weekend blasts, as well as taking the Mrs out on a few trips at the weekend.
2 up for a weekend? Maybe the Duke isn't the right model. I'd be looking at the 790 ADV, or the 1290 Superduke GT or adventures.

I ride solo only and took off the pegs and replaced the rear seat with an SW motech plate and tail bag. I can't have a motorcycle without being able to bring home things from a store or run errands. Sometimes I miss my old 990 SMT for the wind protection and saddle bags/trunk box it had.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 up for a weekend? Maybe the Duke isn't the right model. I'd be looking at the 790 ADV, or the 1290 Superduke GT or adventures.

I ride solo only and took off the pegs and replaced the rear seat with an SW motech plate and tail bag. I can't have a motorcycle without being able to bring home things from a store or run errands. Sometimes I miss my old 990 SMT for the wind protection and saddle bags/trunk box it had.
I get what you're saying, but we're young and don't mind. Just ordered it this afternoon as well so a bit late now! Did look at the adventure but it's too big for me really, commuting in London city centre I prefer the slim Duke as it's easy to nip in and out of traffic.

We won't be touring per se, but probably do a couple of hours ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts