KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying a 2020 790 in fast black last January and immediately joining the forum, we got back home last Friday. I picked the bike up on Saturday. Took the long way home and was able to get in another ride on Monday. It's been raining ever since. So currently 169 break-in miles. During the down time, I've mounted a couple of the farkles I purchased waiting to get my hands on the actual bike (swing arm spools and adjustable levers in orange of course).

Can hardly wait to finish with the break-in and the first service. Have some additional parts to put on but will wait till after the first service with the exception of USB port (for GPS) and battery lead for heated clothing/trickle charger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Had a couple of rides out, hard not to exceed 6500 revs, and it’s rained since.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been a somewhat crappy April here in Minnesota, USA, so have only managed 440 miles since the first of April. Should be able to finish the break-in miles next week though as we are supposed to have a week of low 60's and mostly sunny. I don't mind going past 600 for the initial oil and filter change. Do that when we get back and then check with the dealer to see if it's worth bringing it in. So far, no leaks, quickshifter works perfectly, along with everything else. Nice part about the break-in miles is that 6500 rpms allows you to go down the road and keep up with traffic. The bike also has gobs of midrange torque. However, there's no doubt 6500+ rpms adds another dimension to the ride. I've been into the orange rpms a few times. Does the dash go red at a certain rpm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts