KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would add that depending on where you live, a windscreen can be a real plus. A lot of my riding is at night as the days can be so hot and humid. Apparently the bugs think so as well. Went for a 30 min ride on my 890 and the entire front of my hi viz yellow jacket was pretty much black and covered in bug guts. Visor was so covered I had to ride with it up the last few miles as I couldn't see.

My son was on another bike that I added a pretty effective windscreen to an ADV bike. It isn't huge but has a variable tilt spoiler on the top mad by MRA. He only had a few bug splats on the top of his helmet and a few spots on his arms. That bike has a really nice pocket of still air when you set it up right or change the spoiler and get more breeze when you want.

Factor in the rain we get almost every day now and I am really missing a windscreen on the 890. Sadly most of them look pretty hideous on it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
A couple of points. Aesthetics aside - because that is just plain personal.

1) Some form of screen WILL protect the instrument panel. This is good.
2) Nothing at all against the concept of a screen. Spend anytime commuting near rivers in winter - Fog is ruddy unpleasant.
3) But one look at that PARABELLUM and you KNOW it will end in tears.

There is way insufficient vertical spacing between the bolts for the height of the blade itself.
The mounts are incapable of providing ANY long term structural support.
The upper mounts are - simply put - CRAP. They will allow all sorts of waggle.
And with the 3rd (lower bolt) in the instrument housing - well you (I anyway) can guess.
Zero triangulation for stress, and the plain blade will flex.

Guys - We ride a lightweight and fairly high speed mini-missile.
Rigidity matters a lot if you are bolting stuff on that generates air resistance - especially onto the steering.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
155 Posts
This is the only one I could find that looks good and does a proper job, no flex and good quality.
Do you know how its height compares to the KTM touring screen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, this one is about 17" x 12"wide. I'm sure there are larger screens but I wouldn't put them on the duke.
The two standard ktm ones are way too small and look naff.
This one looks good and there is no wind noise. i'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, this one is about 17" x 12"wide. I'm sure there are larger screens but I wouldn't put them on the duke.
The two standard ktm ones are way too small and look naff.
This one looks good and there is no wind noise. i'm very pleased with it.
Yes Nick, thanks for the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts