KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted the exhaust black to match the slip on.
It's painted with high temp paint. I painted a few coats, oven cured, painted a few more coats and am idling the bike. I'm hoping the sheer number of coats will help but it's still very susceptible to marks. I'm unsure of how well it will fare against road grime, stones and regular pressure washing. Time will tell.

The job required moving the radiator out of the way so I lost a bit of coolant fiddling around. The radiator was 2 torx bolts, 2 hex bolts, 1 electrical clip, 2 hoses and the screw on cap.
The headers are 4 nuts and a clamp that was held with a regular hex bolt with a torx head cut into it.
The mid section pipe is self explanatory.
I didn't bother with the cat, it looked like a pain to get to, an fine example of the pareto principle!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Full shot
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

BEFORE
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Painted the exhaust black to match the slip on.
It's painted with high temp paint. I painted a few coats, oven cured, painted a few more coats and am idling the bike. I'm hoping the sheer number of coats will help but it's still very susceptible to marks. I'm unsure of how well it will fare against road grime, stones and regular pressure washing. Time will tell.
Looks good. Thanks for the info.
Will also be interested to hear how it holds up the use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts