KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know it is a KTM, but today stuck in traffic trying to get out of London it totally overheated. The overheating warning screen came up which I’ve never seen before, and after a couple more minutes it shut itself down and I had to push it off the A4. It did it briefly yesterday near home, so I let it cool them popped straight home, check coolant levels, oil level, everything is topped up. The only major change I have made is the full Akcrapovic system, but it has been fine over winter with that. anyone got any ideas and things I can check over the weekend before I go to the dealer? I made it home after I let it cool, it is just heavy traffic and obviously the weather, it has been fine before it got warmer. Now the engine light on dash is on all the time;(
Cheers
P

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I gonna check that in the morning now, thinking about it I might not of heard it, but I was in the lanes of traffic jam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, good point, yes I got it mapped, I also just realised I’ve got the KTM/RAC cover, so they popped down, fuses ok, nothing blocking the fan, maybe a sensor, but yeah could be lean. I’ll get it recovered during the week to the dealer. I hope I haven’t damaged anything, seemed fine riding back, but worried about the engine light stuck on. Still got my grom to have fun on though. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts