KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often should I change my oil and oil filter and does anything have a link for oil filter?
And what coolant do people use and do you have to mix it with water?
Tia

·
Registered
485 Posts
Service intervals are 9300 miles or annually I do an oil change in between for peace of mind. Coolant Ktm recommend motorex m3.0 goes straight in don’t dilute it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I typically just buy the oil filter & clean the screens, reuse the o-rings unless damaged.

Oil filters:
KTM 61338015200
K&N KN-650
HiFlo HF-650

Search for any of those where you buy parts online (they're also available on Amazon in the US). I've used both the KTM and K&Ns with no complaints. I've used HiFlo filters on other bikes w/ no issues or complaints.

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
I typically just buy the oil filter & clean the screens, reuse the o-rings unless damaged.

Oil filters:
KTM 61338015200
K&N KN-650
HiFlo HF-650

Search for any of those where you buy parts online (they're also available on Amazon in the US). I've used both the KTM and K&Ns with no complaints. I've used HiFlo filters on other bikes w/ no issues or complaints.
Same here. Using the K&N filter. Good price, quality and easy to source. I am using this oil.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Same here. Using the K&N filter. Good price, quality and easy to source. I am using this oil.
Just based on my 1090, I pref Castrol Power1 over Maxima ProPlus+. The Castrol has performed better in the trasmission over the same OCI. I get the 6 quart packs of Castrol off Amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts