KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone confirmed the oil filter and screen/o-ring part numbers for oil changes?
TIA

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
50 Posts
At my dealership the oil screen kit and oil filter were sold separately. And they were out of the oil screen kits so I blew mine out with compressed brake clean and compressed air. Cleaned the magnet area and reused them.

I was also able to reuse my oring (carefully remove the cover).

·
Cry Baby
158 Posts
At my dealership the oil screen kit and oil filter were sold separately. And they were out of the oil screen kits so I blew mine out with compressed brake clean and compressed air. Cleaned the magnet area and reused them.

I was also able to reuse my oring (carefully remove the cover).
I have always done exactly that on multiple KTMs I have owned and have never encountered a problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Theres 7 o-rings in total, 4 different sizes.

No reason you couldnt just get the filter and re use the rest.
I got the kit, but I might just use the filter.
Agreed. I just got the K&N filter (~$9 US) and the oil. Cleaned and reinstalled the magnets. Pretty cost effective.

Reactions: Lonster and banned

·
Registered
32 Posts
After buying the screen kit (2) with o-rings installed, a K&N 650 filter and o-ring on e-bay and 3 litres of 10w/50 syn castrol from Amazon. I can perform a oil change < half the price of buying parts at the stealership.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
676 Posts
After buying the screen kit (2) with o-rings installed, a K&N 650 filter and o-ring on e-bay and 3 litres of 10w/50 syn castrol from Amazon. I can perform a oil change < half the price of buying parts at the stealership.
The only reason to buy the parts at the dealership is so there is a record of the transaction linked to your name for warranty purposes. Of course good maintenance records and saving receipts will do the same thing. But for those of you who are sloppy record keepers. ✋

I have read online that some warranty claims have been denied for not having any maintenance records.😳

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only reason to buy the parts at the dealership is so there is a record of the transaction linked to your name for warranty purposes. Of course good maintenance records and saving receipts will do the same thing. But for those of you who are sloppy record keepers. ✋

I have read online that some warranty claims have been denied for not having any maintenance records.😳
Good advice. I usually take my bikes in once a year for basic service and do the rest myself, just so they know my name at least on a PC :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.