KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
As suggested by the manual. Using best quality oil and filter, so should be just fine. Mostly commuting or early morning sport-riding.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
For me, I've always used the manual as a guide in the sense that I may change it more frequently. Being there are additives in motorcycle oil, (the oil is being used by both the engine and the transmission), as I feel the additives wear off, and make shifting notch'y or less smooth, that's when I usually change the oil.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’ll do one in between service schedule I just like to keep it fairly fresh in there.

·
Registered
415 Posts
7500kms, or if doing track days, 3000kms. My other 2 bikes KTM 1290GT 7500KMs (manual 15,000 kms) and Multistrada 6000Kms (manual12,000 kms)

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I probably needed to say more often when I do track days, but I haven't been doing too may of these, lately.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manual says 9300 miles or every year. I won't put that many miles on it in a year so it's every Spring for me.
Agreed!!

I used to change mine about every 3k mi or so, though like JD said, when I start to feel a lack of smoothness too it's time. I completely didn't agree with the manual as I feel like it is toooooooo long in between changes, though I guess if you are just tooling around town that may be fine. It's interesting to hear everyone's duration. Seems like we all agree, but yet all have different time frames. Of course like you guys stated, it depends on how hard you ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts