KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FKS 513 Nix 30 kit is specified for the 790 Duke. Can anyone confirm it fits the 890?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some research this weekend as well. Found the same thing. Part numbers are different for the upper tube and internals.

It looks like the only viable option right now is a super expensive wp apex 7500 or a reasonably priced andreani misano evo kit.

I'm going to evaluate whether I need a spring rate fix and hold off until manufacturers come out with a compatible replacement

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm going to evaluate whether I need a spring rate fix and hold off until manufacturers come out with a compatible replacement
As far as I could tell no one has come out with aftermarket springs for the 790 or the 890. I’ll probably get the KTM hard springs for my 890. I really need one step harder, but it will make it better.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
As far as I could tell no one has come out with aftermarket springs for the 790 or the 890. I’ll probably get the KTM hard springs for my 890. I really need one step harder, but it will make it better.
You can pull your internals to re-valve re-spring all you need is the parameters for the suspension guy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Springs are a simple fix. Just need length and diameter. Vendors like racetech make all shapes, sizes and lengths.

I plan on doing an evaluation of my current spring rate and sag numbers to see if I need to custom tailor the rate or if the hard will be what I need

·
Registered
25 Posts
I weighed 174.0 pounds today and have the 85nm springs in ApexPro 7500 on 890R. It sagged out correctly for my weight. You might need 90nm springs ! after you sag the bike. Springs are cheap, order both.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I weighed 174.0 pounds today and have the 85nm springs in ApexPro 7500 on 890R. It sagged out correctly for my weight. You might need 90nm springs ! after you sag the bike. Springs are cheap, order both.
The 8.5n is KTM’s hard spring according to the manual. They don’t make a 9.0n. No aftermarket springs yet. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 8.5n is KTM’s hard spring according to the manual. They don’t make a 9.0n. No aftermarket springs yet. :(
You can increase the spring rate by shortening the spring, and making up the difference in spring length with a spacer. I did this to my stock springs, to increase them to .85. Works fine. IIRC, I removed about 40mm. Can't remember exactly, it was last summer, but works well. You can probably research how spring rates are calculated, and figure it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts