KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Harley was in the shop for a new clutch cable and, while the mechanic was test riding it, he was hit by a drunk driver and suffered some very serious injuries. Please everyone say some prayers for him......Harley is toast but my ONLY concern is for the health and recovery of the poor tech.

And don't worry, the Duke is safe at home. I just feel really awful for this guy.....he was just at work doing his job. Going to take some get well gifts down to him tomorrow.

Everyone keep your eyes open, your head on a swivel and ride safe this weekend!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So my Harley was in the shop for a new clutch cable and, while the mechanic was test riding it, he was hit by a drunk driver and suffered some very serious injuries. Please everyone say some prayers for him......Harley is toast but my ONLY concern is for the health and recovery of the poor tech.

And don't worry, the Duke is safe at home. I just feel really awful for this guy.....he was just at work doing his job. Going to take some get well gifts down to him tomorrow.

Everyone keep your eyes open, your head on a swivel and ride safe this weekend!
***Just got an update from my KTM mechanic buddy who knows the mechanic who was injured and he's got broken ribs and a ruptured spleen but is doing okay! Thank God.

·
MotoGP Moderator
1,094 Posts
Our prayers and thoughts with him, for a full, quick recovery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our prayers and thoughts with him, for a full, quick recovery.
Thanks guys I found out today he has 7 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and kidney and a fractured femur but is in good spirits and expected to make a full recovery.....was able to get a get-well card to him and there's a fine bottle of bourbon awaiting him once he's out of ICU..........the Harley is toast but absolutely no worries as that just makes room for the new track bike I'm going to start on!! Hopefully everyone has a safe and Happy Easter!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Our Easter weekend started on Thursday and will end today. Yesterday was pissing down, so no traffic. Today - NOTHING except a dire emergency will persuade me out. It's one of those "Danger Will Robinson" days.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks guys I found out today he has 7 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and kidney and a fractured femur but is in good spirits and expected to make a full recovery.....was able to get a get-well card to him and there's a fine bottle of bourbon awaiting him once he's out of ICU..........the Harley is toast but absolutely no worries as that just makes room for the new track bike I'm going to start on!! Hopefully everyone has a safe and Happy Easter!
How do you think he’ll dare for his job. Does he have adequate medical coverage? Don’t know where you’re from but in the US unless
He’s in a solid shop he’d be screwed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's already home starting his recovery so hopefully he won't suffer too much permanent damage but being in our -late 40's, early-50's healing hardly ever goes without complication. It's a good-sized reputable dealer and he'll have Worker's Comp to begin with......he and the dealer will pursue the accused's insurance company for plenty of damages, both criminally and civilly. The dealer is still working up the "estimate/quote" they're going to pay me for the bike. I'm printing receipts.......it'll be an interesting discussion!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wishing him a speedy and good recovery. Sad really when something like this happens. Hopefully insurance will be able to cover it all.
He's home and recovering without ANY surgery so looks like he'll be alright..........drunk driver and his insurance company will certainly take a beating though, as they should!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts