KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
^^^ For a stock exhaust, i think KTM did a great job of the factory pipe, especially when you look to whats on offer on other makes. Also the CAT box is well hidden within the bike. I wish some after market exhaust makers would make a link pipe with a CAT in it, so to remove the larger factory CAT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A good thing tastes differ.
I just love this OEM exhaust, blends in very nicely with this Duke.
The thing(s) I dislike most (on the US version Dukes) is the turn indicators.

Its like they really went out of their way to create the ugliest stock pipe on the market.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
A good thing tastes differ.
I just love this OEM exhaust, blends in very nicely with this Duke.
The thing(s) I dislike most (on the US version Dukes) is the turn indicators.
Agreed, the stock exhaust doesn't offend me, (plus I know I'll be replacing it at some point).

The turn signals we get from imported bikes, often seem like last-minute afterthoughts, which is fine, as they are so easy to replace. :smile:

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
...does the 790 exhaust look like a catfish trying to suck start the engine? :kiss:

Once that image got in my head I can’t shake it.

There are even fins, tail, and an eye. :wink:

I guess that’s the justification for a carbon fiber slip on.

Thank GOD I read this after I installed my Remus cause I knew it looked like something and that pretty much sums it up!!

Not even close. The pair of 'whale dicks' that were attached to my new 2015 ZX-14R are by far, the ugliest 'zorsts.

OMFG dude! I almost snarfed beer out of my nose! I know exactly what you are talking about! LMFAO

Agreed, the stock exhaust doesn't offend me, (plus I know I'll be replacing it at some point).

The turn signals we get from imported bikes, often seem like last-minute afterthoughts, which is fine, as they are so easy to replace. :smile:
I didn't mind the stock exhaust, and like Geoff said, despite the overall size and look, I think KTM did it right with the sound and performance on it. I do like the aftermarket much more though once I fitted it!

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
...does the 790 exhaust look like a catfish trying to suck start the engine? :kiss:
It's just you :wink: ... Actually looks pretty good for a compliant pipe.

I know that there are other posts around the forum discussing different pipes, but I have yet to see something that really got my attention for being "beautiful".

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Lol. I just looked at what you were talking about. Those “dicks” are pretty hideous! Lol
Saved 30lbs ditching those suckers in the first few weeks. Highly enjoyed leaving them at the end of the driveway for the Scrapper.

It's just you :wink: ... Actually looks pretty good for a compliant pipe.

I know that there are other posts around the forum discussing different pipes, but I have yet to see something that really got my attention for being "beautiful".
I agree, no issues with the stock 'zorst. The SC1 def has my eye though, or the Arrow titanium.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saved 30lbs ditching those suckers in the first few weeks. Highly enjoyed leaving them at the end of the driveway for the Scrapper.

I agree, no issues with the stock 'zorst. The SC1 def has my eye though, or the Arrow titanium.
:grin: 30lbs is no joke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts