KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a problem with my KTM Duke 790 (2018) In option I cannot choose the driving mode (rain, street, sport, track)
When i push SET mode there is no RIDE MODE on the screen at all. I found RIDE MODE in the favorite option but when I try go into settings, it flips me to THROTTLE RESPONS. On dashboard is on STREET but in settings (in fafavorites) is in on TRACK MODE (Throlttle respons set on street). Has anyone had such a problem? Maybe it's a matter of updating?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is no such option in the settings. Olny: Bluetooth, units, , clock/time, language, clock, drl, quick sel1, quick sel2, set favorites. I can leave the TRACK mode only through the favorite-> track-> leave track. But I don't see the ride mode options anywhere (rain, street, sport, track). Maybe I can't see something.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lost in translation! By settings, I meant the whole menu system, not particularly Trips/Data > Settings.

Track Mode is one of the Ride Modes. If you are in Track, you can't choose the other Ride Modes as the Track menu replaces the Ride Mode menu until you Leave Track.

Track > Leave Track

That then becomes the Ride Mode menu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i do it and there are no these options. I wonder if these functions were standard in every 790 or just an additional option to buy.
I mean TECH PACK.
I've made an appointment at the KTM workshop, they will carry out computer diagnostics then I will find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes these functions are standard on all 790 Dukes. Mine is also a 2018. For the 890 it is Track that is the optional extra, the Ride Modes are standard.

Favourites do some strange things and sometimes don't do the full function the same as the menus. Sometimes they don't do anything at all. They are more designed to view information rather than change options.

What happens if you leave track mode using the main menu? If I go:

Set > Track > Leave Track

It then shows the Ride Modes menu. If I go back, the Ride Modes option is where the Track option was.

It really sounds to me like your Favourites menu is not actually leaving track mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mode is definitely changing to STREET mode when I leave the menu and enter the main screen then it says STREET, but also here there is a bug in the software because you can see it only when the bike is started. Otherwise, when only the ignition switch is turned, the place for the mode is empty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem fixed. On the day I showed up for the inspection in an authorized workshop, the system repaired itself. Moments before the visit, I checked the options again and suddenly the rain mode and sport appeared .The mechanic was unable to say why this happened. He also stated that connecting to a computer would not show this as a fault, and there would be no trace of it in the system. Another case for the. X-Files :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts