KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just to let you all know I’ve just joined up and look forward to some good advice when needed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi chippy and welcome
The numbers are building slowly, How about a bit more info did you choose the fast orange one or did you play it safe and order the Black one ? and what mods are you intending to do ?
enjoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I got the black one also had akro fitted and ergo seat . Already had a problem with oil leak dealer has had a go at fixing it with a seal behind front sprocket but it’s still leaking due first service in 50 miles so they gonna have another look ... anyone else had this ? If so what was the problem ?
Will let you know how I go

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Hi
I got the black one also had akro fitted and ergo seat . Already had a problem with oil leak dealer has had a go at fixing it with a seal behind front sprocket but it’s still leaking due first service in 50 miles so they gonna have another look ... anyone else had this ? If so what was the problem ?
Will let you know how I go
hi
the most common "leak" near the front sprocket is not a leak but grease from the chain building up behind the sprocket cover and when the engine gets hot "oil" runs down the back LH corners near the side stand mount.
I remove cover and clean this out every couple of months to minimise "oil" of LH corner of engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leak

No this is definitely an oil leak already checked the chain and so did dealer they were sure it was the seal , I have heard of other People with a problem
Other than that love the bike ... oh the snatchy or lumpy throttle not to good but can live with that as lots of bikes with euro 4 emisions are the same

·
Registered
91 Posts
No this is definitely an oil leak already checked the chain and so did dealer they were sure it was the seal , I have heard of other People with a problem
Other than that love the bike ... oh the snatchy or lumpy throttle not to good but can live with that as lots of bikes with euro 4 emisions are the same
Yeah i had that leak.. the shop replaced the sump gasket.

Now the oil filter housing is leaking!.. A bit of liquid gasket sealer will Finnish the job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have all found it’s hard to get hold of a lot of the power parts ie screen , 12v charger I’ve broken the ball end off my brake lever and dealer says it I’ll be January when I get a new one ??

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Have all found it’s hard to get hold of a lot of the power parts ie screen , 12v charger I’ve broken the ball end off my brake lever and dealer says it I’ll be January when I get a new one ??
you have found the Achilles' heel of KTM 790 ownership, KTM are complete pants when it comes to releasing PP for new bikes.

However I can perhaps help you
Screen we are all awaiting for this
12V charger buy the 12V kit for a Duke 125 and fit that instead or these type of things are sold on ebay
As I have upgraded my levers I do have an original brake lever in perfect condition if interested

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be interested in the brake lever another one today if you let me know the cost would be good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts