KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, really glad I found this forum. Am just about to buy a Duke 790 2020 in black from Teasdale motorcycles in Thirsk trading in a BMW F750GS which is too heavy for me. Already have Duke 390 2017 which I love and test rode the 790 last week. Can't believe the value for money promo price of 拢7500 as compared to nearly twice the price for the F750! Looking forward to asking loads of questions re the 790 like should I use the quickshifter during the first 600 miles? All responses welcome, thanx, Felixtirelli 馃榿

Registered
Hi there I have 400 mi on my bike I use The clutch not sure about the quick shifter thing you will find there is a rev limiter on it for the first 620 mi apparently but I love mine and I can't wait till after the first service so I can start scalpeling some turns, Good luck with your new toy... Safe journeys! 馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill, my learning curve just started with your input. Many more questions to follow I'm sure! Can't bear the agonising silence waiting to hear from the dealer about when I can pick the bike up! Hope your miles go quickly till the 1st service! cheers 馃榿

Registered
Welcome Felix, Im sure your gonna love the 790 especially as you've already got its smaller brother so familiar with the brand & ethos !

Picked mine up just last week on the 2nd and really loving it ( also came from a BMW, the 790 is soooo much lighter in comparison ), think im gonna be ready for my first service within a month at current rate :) .......have already personalised it too after encouragement from seeing what others have done on this forum, its a fantastic source of info, which can get expensive at times.

Hope the collection goes smoothly, Good luck and enjoy !!

Registered
Thanks Bill, my learning curve just started with your input. Many more questions to follow I'm sure! Can't bear the agonising silence waiting to hear from the dealer about when I can pick the bike up! Hope your miles go quickly till the 1st service! cheers 馃榿
Communication is not great, hope you have more luck with them than i have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts