KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2019 790 in black! I'm coming from a 2007 Suzuki Vstrom 650 and love the sportier feel of my Duke. I'm in the Seattle (Washington) area for any of you US folks. Happy to be an official member after browsing the forums for the last few months.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,144 Posts
Just picked up my 2019 790 in black! I'm coming from a 2007 Suzuki Vstrom 650 and love the sportier feel of my Duke. I'm in the Seattle (Washington) area for any of you US folks. Happy to be an official member after browsing the forums for the last few months.
Nice to have you with us Sean! Feel free to post up some photos

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Sweet looking ride bro! Welcome to the site officially Sean!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! Stoked to be part of the family :) I will get some more pics, just been having a blast getting used to this bike. Got a Puig windscreen on order and looking into luggage/cargo options. I daily my motorcycle for school/work, so storing my gear is important to me. If anyone has any suggestions on luggage, let me know! I was thinking of mounting a Pelican case I had from my ADV bike, not sure how dorky I will look lol.

Also, I am 6'5" and I fit on this bike so dang well! I tested out riding with a passenger yesterday and it was super comfortable just around the neighborhood. Shocking how much room this little bike actually has!

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Thank you both! Stoked to be part of the family :) I will get some more pics, just been having a blast getting used to this bike. Got a Puig windscreen on order and looking into luggage/cargo options. I daily my motorcycle for school/work, so storing my gear is important to me. If anyone has any suggestions on luggage, let me know! I was thinking of mounting a Pelican case I had from my ADV bike, not sure how dorky I will look lol.

Also, I am 6'5" and I fit on this bike so dang well! I tested out riding with a passenger yesterday and it was super comfortable just around the neighborhood. Shocking how much room this little bike actually has!
That's the truth. I was super surprised at how much room it has as I was worried it would be a bit small for my 6'4" stature and 6'10" wing span!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the truth. I was super surprised at how much room it has as I was worried it would be a bit small for my 6'4" stature and 6'10" wing span!
Oh my gosh! My wingspan is only 6'8" haha! Have you done any ergo mods or adjusted the shift/brake levers?

·
Registered
51 Posts

I put a SW-Motech rack on 790 immediately for the same reasons. Super easy install and I think you can get a mounting plate for a pelican case.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a SW-Motech rack on 790 immediately for the same reasons. Super easy install and I think you can get a mounting plate for a pelican case.
Sweet, thank you for the picture too! I was curious what people thought of that rack, it looks pretty sleek without a case on and I love the exhaust plate. I will look into the mounting plate adapter too. My previous case came from Caribou Cases, which had a mounting system that worked pretty well, so I will try and see if that could hook up to the SW-Motech rack.

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Oh my gosh! My wingspan is only 6'8" haha! Have you done any ergo mods or adjusted the shift/brake levers?
Nope not yet. Currently I feel fine on the bike, just a bit tough to get in any sort of good feeling tuck, but I am used to a littler bike so I don't think there ever will be a good tuck on this bike. I am toying with the idea of moving the bars forward and raising the seat, but haven't dabbled yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope not yet. Currently I feel fine on the bike, just a bit tough to get in any sort of good feeling tuck, but I am used to a littler bike so I don't think there ever will be a good tuck on this bike. I am toying with the idea of moving the bars forward and raising the seat, but haven't dabbled yet.
Right on! Me too, I feel pretty darn comfortable. I was thinking of bar risers and the tall ergo seat, but I want to get more miles to see if that's even necessary. As far as tucking, I too am not sure how to get an efficient tuck. I think there's a fine balance between being low enough and too far forward, to get into the bikes natural flow bubble.

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Right on! Me too, I feel pretty darn comfortable. I was thinking of bar risers and the tall ergo seat, but I want to get more miles to see if that's even necessary. As far as tucking, I too am not sure how to get an efficient tuck. I think there's a fine balance between being low enough and too far forward, to get into the bikes natural flow bubble.
Agreed. It is a tight balance. Sometimes I feel like I am to far forward, but mostly that is just to eliminate most of the wind on the highway. I also agree with more miles. I am coming up on 1000 mi and I still feel fine on it. If I do some other work to the bike and I have it broken down a bit I may go for the bar move. Not exactly sure how much a seat height increase would help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts