KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I hope to take delivery of a new 790Duke in a couple of weeks. As my forum name implies, I am an old bloke! But I still like to ride fast and long. However, I no longer feel comfortable man-handling heavy bikes at standstill, due to age-related back problems and arthritis in my hands. Having recently tested the Duke it was a no-brainer. What an amazing device!
Some of my past bikes include Velocette Venom 500, Norton 850 Commando, MotoGuzzi V50, Yamaha MT-07, Kawasaki Z900, Honda VFR800X.
I look forward to sifting through the forum and contributing when I feel my experiences might help others.
I live in West Sussex

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome from a Dorset-shire raised bloke in currently sweltering Spain. I understand the weight thing all to well. Yes it's a like a very fast pushbike.

·
a d m i n .
151,087 Posts
Hi All
I hope to take delivery of a new 790Duke in a couple of weeks. As my forum name implies, I am an old bloke! But I still like to ride fast and long. However, I no longer feel comfortable man-handling heavy bikes at standstill, due to age-related back problems and arthritis in my hands. Having recently tested the Duke it was a no-brainer. What an amazing device!
Some of my past bikes include Velocette Venom 500, Norton 850 Commando, MotoGuzzi V50, Yamaha MT-07, Kawasaki Z900, Honda VFR800X.
I look forward to sifting through the forum and contributing when I feel my experiences might help others.
I live in West Sussex
No worries, you are not alone, plenty of us are old as dirt. 😜 doesn’t stop any of us from enjoying moto riding!

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from a 72 year old with short legs and stuffed knees. Same considerations as yours for the purchase and absolutely no regrets!
Thanks Geoff (and Guys)
I was encouraged to pursue the 790 after reading your interesting articles and many other interesting posts, well before joining the forum or placing my order for the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts