KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LemonLaw'dMy790D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
New to the 790, but to KTM's
Took delivery of my 790 in September, after riding a 690 for the last three years.
Got rid of the rear passenger pegs and fitted an Evotech hanger and paddock spools, that's about it at the moment for mods.
Picture is of the day I collected!

Attachments

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Hi All.
New to the 790, but to KTM's
Took delivery of my 790 in September, after riding a 690 for the last three years.
Got rid of the rear passenger pegs and fitted an Evotech hanger and paddock spools, that's about it at the moment for mods.
Picture is of the day I collected!
Like you i traded a 690 for my 790, best decision i have made in years.
in my opinion better in every regard

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
Nice! Did the same, pegs gone, evotech hanger. Also got PP bar ends, akra exhaust with baffle removed and r&g tail tidy, evo rad guard and oem heated grips.

Next up ergo seat and rear cowl and then done for awhile I think.

·
LemonLaw'dMy790D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Did the same, pegs gone, evotech hanger. Also got PP bar ends, akra exhaust with baffle removed and r&g tail tidy, evo rad guard and oem heated grips.

Next up ergo seat and rear cowl and then done for awhile I think.
Thanks, got an Evotech tail tidy and rad guard to fit.
Unfortunately unable to fit, as been plagued with an ongoing fault, and the 790 has spent more time at the dealers than actually riding.
Perpetual loss of coolant and overheating?

KTM UK customer service is atrocious to deal with!:crying:

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Thanks, got an Evotech tail tidy and rad guard to fit.
Unfortunately unable to fit, as been plagued with an ongoing fault, and the 790 has spent more time at the dealers than actually riding.
Perpetual loss of coolant and overheating?

KTM UK customer service is atrocious to deal with!:crying:
I have found the dealer helpful but anything that relies upon KTM to respond to takes weeks if not months

Have you got a visible coolent leak?

if you have can you post picture please for comment

·
LemonLaw'dMy790D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have found the dealer helpful but anything that relies upon KTM to respond to takes weeks if not months

Have you got a visible coolent leak?

if you have can you post picture please for comment

I have a visible coolant leak! Most of the contents of the expansion tank, are being lost over the course of a journey.

The remainder drip out of the expansion tank overflow pipe after being parked up.

Refilling with the very expensive M3 Motorex coolant, to the designated level as shown in the handbook, results in exactly the same, the next time it is ridden.

·
LemonLaw'dMy790D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you think you are losing all your coolent out of the overflow tank?
No I am definitely losing the coolant out of the tank.

I can fill the tank with M3 coolant to the required level (as per owners manual, between the min/max levels), go for a vigorous ride, after all they are "Ready to race".
Upon my return, the expansion tank will be depleted. If I let the bike cool, I will find a pool of coolant below the expansion tank overflow pipe, and the tank level will be below the minimum level!

I have received an email from KTM customer service today, which will truly shock 790 owners in respect of coolant issues / maintenance!

Reluctantly I can not disclose the content at this stage, as I shall be taking legal action in the coming days.

·
LemonLaw'dMy790D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can I ask fellow 790 owners at what level their cooling fan kicks in?
Mine starts at 4 bars and always seems to be running

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
this depends if the bike has had the recall done
after recall the new thermostat opens at a different temperature
before recall I would say is was I segment higher
fan only comes on in very heavy traffic or after thrashings it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts