KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop in and say hello! Been reading the forum for a few months now... girlfriend just picked up a "used" 790 with 640 miles on it. Got started with mods already; akrapovic evo full system, rottweiler PC5, open airbox lid, K&N main filter, samco hoses, and a couple other small cosmetic things. Looking forward to figuring out a unique tail tidy yet and some small LED signals for the front.

Definitely a great bike built by KTM. So playful. I currently ride a 2018 aprilia Tuono and a 2017 Yamaha R1M. The 790 is a much better street bike, but it sure doesn't have the power like my big girls :)

Couple pics..

G

·
streebs-

Hello and welcome aboard!

...interesting, I see the O2 sensors are removed. Is this just how the Akro Evo (full system) works, or is it an option? More details please and how does she run/ sound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
streebs-

Hello and welcome aboard!

...interesting, I see the O2 sensors are removed. Is this just how the Akro Evo (full system) works, or is it an option? More details please and how does she run/ sound?
O2 sensors are removed due to the Rottweiler powercommander and their race map. Need to unplug them for the full map to do its job. It throws a CEL because of them, but its still full power and everything works as it should.

The akra sounds awesome!! Mini Super Duke.. runs great, much smoother throttle response compared to stock.

G

·
Thanks for the info. How loud is it? Do you run with the dB killer in or out? I heard earplugs are REQUIRED either way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. How loud is it? Do you run with the dB killer in or out? I heard earplugs are REQUIRED either way.
dB killer is out. It isn't deafening loud, just a very good, deep sound. I always ride with earplugs anyway and this bike isn't any louder than my R1 with a full graves pipe on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice spec! Congrats on your purchase. The headers look amazing, I'm more than jealous haha, enjoy your 790
:)

Reactions: streebs93
1 - 7 of 7 Posts