KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time KTM owner and proud to say it's the 790 Duke! Did a demo day a few weeks ago and fell in love with the 790! Also got the chance to ride the 690 SMCR and 1290 Super Duke. Those were great bikes but the 790 felt just right for me. Unfortunately, my new bike is back at the dealer for a small oil leak at the valve cover gasket and immobilizer failure. Hopefully I get it back soon and get it broken in as it only has about 220 miles on it so far.

Been riding bikes for 20 years and currently have a 2017 MT07 and 2016 WR250R in the garage also.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,011 Posts
Hello, first time KTM owner and proud to say it's the 790 Duke! Did a demo day a few weeks ago and fell in love with the 790! Also got the chance to ride the 690 SMCR and 1290 Super Duke. Those were great bikes but the 790 felt just right for me. Unfortunately, my new bike is back at the dealer for a small oil leak at the valve cover gasket and immobilizer failure. Hopefully I get it back soon and get it broken in as it only has about 220 miles on it so far.

Been riding bikes for 20 years and currently have a 2017 MT07 and 2016 WR250R in the garage also.
Hey! Glad we got you in. You were at the Demo Day in Sussex also? I was there too. :grin: Great mountain roads for the Demo.

I'm sorry to hear about immob failure. What did they say they are doing?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at the demo day in King of Prussia PA on 6/22. KTM is sending out a new immobilizer although I'm not sure if it's an updated part or not. Dealership tech said KTM is aware of the failures and it's happening on the 790 Adventures as well. Hoping it gets fixed for good!

·
a d m i n .
151,011 Posts
I was at the demo day in King of Prussia PA on 6/22. KTM is sending out a new immobilizer although I'm not sure if it's an updated part or not. Dealership tech said KTM is aware of the failures and it's happening on the 790 Adventures as well. Hoping it gets fixed for good!
Ahh, cool you got to Demo in Pa. Seems the ImmobFail is a real issue. I listed them out in the Issues section in hopes we can get it resolved for everyone.

·
Super-Member
595 Posts
Welcome bro! Fellow NJ native here myself. Where about are you?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome bro! Fellow NJ native here myself. Where about are you?
South Jersey here. Deptford area. Generally ride between here and the shore or will ride over to PA for some more twisties. :smile:

Got the bike back from the dealership yesterday and put around 80 miles on it last night and haven't had any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's fixed for good now!

·
a d m i n .
151,011 Posts
South Jersey here. Deptford area. Generally ride between here and the shore or will ride over to PA for some more twisties. :smile:

Got the bike back from the dealership yesterday and put around 80 miles on it last night and haven't had any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's fixed for good now!
Maybe we'll do a NE meetup one of these days. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts