KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scalpel
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. In my 20s I had 3 different bikes over about 5 years (YZF600R, GSXR750, and GSXR1000). I started a family and took a 15 yr hiatus. Been considering another bike for the last year or so but couldn’t decide where I wanted to be. Not interested in Liter bikes anymore, not even cookie cutter Sports bikes for that matter. After a lot of reading and watching videos I landed on a Monster. They’ve been around forever and I’ve always known of them. That led me to taking a look at the Scramblers, which took me to the Vitpilen, which introduced me to the DUKE!! I’ve been hooked since I first saw a modded 790 and heard that amazing sound. It’s the total package I’m looking for!

Ive only put about 300 miles on it so far and have already ordered a pile of mods. KTM PP mirrors, 15T sprocket, rear seat cover, Fly screen, and USB power outlet. Also ordered the MNNTHBX fender eliminator and Ram phone mount.

Still researching slip-ons to give it a little more bark, then I’m going to give it a little break and figure out what direction I want to take it. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firstly congratulations mate they are a great bike - I already have 16,000kms (roughly 10,000 miles) on mine.

May I recommend the Remus pipes, they sound fantastic (without being ridiculously loud) and look great.

·
Registered
2020 Scalpel
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Remus is on the list. I’m really stuck between a few of them, but leaning towards the shorter slip ons. They really seem to fit the bikes profile.

·
Premium Member
KTM 790 Duke
45 Posts
Welcome to the clan, have a look at the scorpion serket as well removable DD killer it's what I went for in the end sounds great, lot's of choices out there (y) 😎

·
Registered
2020 Scalpel
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Don’t have many pictures right now. I had to head out to work. I’ll get some more when I get home. I’ll try a few before/after shots of modifications.

Also ended up ordering Evotech Crash bobbins and KTM Front/Rear Axle sliders.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.