KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add.
Sold my 1290SDR on Saturday.
I want something more thrashable for Road and track use.
The 1290 is such a monster I couldn’t get anywhere near it’s limits and as a Superduke 990 owner reasoned that the 790 is better suited to my limited abilities.
So with cash in the bank do I buy new or used?
Quite a few for sale in the UK about £1K less than new but might have had a hard life as a few seem to be dealer demo bikes and might not have been given a sympathetic run in period.
Also wondering if a slightly later build date might have avoided some of the minor faults of the earlier bikes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are certainly earlier bikes that have had a few issues, mainly dealer sorted but it’s nice to know the full history with your bike. However if it’s still warranted then you still have some protection.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Fowlers in Bristol is 12 miles but I’d buy pretty well anywhere if the price was sensible.
Premier bikes look after their Demo bikes, they've got a couple in, one of my mates bought one a few weeks ago, it's still in my garage actually :)

Give Darren or Andy a ring there, tell them i sent you and to give you a good price :)

Mate is very very happy with his ex-demo and tehy're not too far from you.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Premier bikes look after their Demo bikes, they've got a couple in, one of my mates bought one a few weeks ago, it's still in my garage actually :)

Give Darren or Andy a ring there, tell them i sent you and to give you a good price :)

Mate is very very happy with his ex-demo and tehy're not too far from you.
totally agree with you
good dealer helpful

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Thanks for the add.
Sold my 1290SDR on Saturday.
I want something more thrashable for Road and track use.
The 1290 is such a monster I couldn’t get anywhere near it’s limits and as a Superduke 990 owner reasoned that the 790 is better suited to my limited abilities.
So with cash in the bank do I buy new or used?
Quite a few for sale in the UK about £1K less than new but might have had a hard life as a few seem to be dealer demo bikes and might not have been given a sympathetic run in period.
Also wondering if a slightly later build date might have avoided some of the minor faults of the earlier bikes.
You are correct the 1290SDR is a monster that's hard push to the limits on the roads
The 790 is a great choice and will seem a significant update to your 990.

I think the NEW or USED is down to what's the best price available and your budget
i have seen some used 790's sell for £6500 which is a big saving over list. I buy both new and used bikes but i only buy modern used bikes that are well looked after in great condition

Remember even a used bike with have some of the manufacturers warranty to protect you.

Faults and niggles most owners have not had any problems, I would not worry overly about this if your buying from a good main dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts