KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add.
Sold my 1290SDR on Saturday.
I want something more thrashable for Road and track use.
The 1290 is such a monster I couldn’t get anywhere near it’s limits and as a Superduke 990 owner reasoned that the 790 is better suited to my limited abilities.
So with cash in the bank do I buy new or used?
Quite a few for sale in the UK about £1K less than new but might have had a hard life as a few seem to be dealer demo bikes and might not have been given a sympathetic run in period.
Also wondering if a slightly later build date might have avoided some of the minor faults of the earlier bikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are certainly earlier bikes that have had a few issues, mainly dealer sorted but it’s nice to know the full history with your bike. However if it’s still warranted then you still have some protection.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bought an exdemo, my previous 690 was too.

No issues from my perspective there and doesn't need running in or first service costs.

Who's your local dealer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought an exdemo, my previous 690 was too.

No issues from my perspective there and doesn't need running in or first service costs.

Who's your local dealer?
Fowlers in Bristol is 12 miles but I’d buy pretty well anywhere if the price was sensible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fowlers in Bristol is 12 miles but I’d buy pretty well anywhere if the price was sensible.
Premier bikes look after their Demo bikes, they've got a couple in, one of my mates bought one a few weeks ago, it's still in my garage actually :)

Give Darren or Andy a ring there, tell them i sent you and to give you a good price :)

Mate is very very happy with his ex-demo and tehy're not too far from you.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Premier bikes look after their Demo bikes, they've got a couple in, one of my mates bought one a few weeks ago, it's still in my garage actually :)

Give Darren or Andy a ring there, tell them i sent you and to give you a good price :)

Mate is very very happy with his ex-demo and tehy're not too far from you.
totally agree with you
good dealer helpful

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Thanks for the add.
Sold my 1290SDR on Saturday.
I want something more thrashable for Road and track use.
The 1290 is such a monster I couldn’t get anywhere near it’s limits and as a Superduke 990 owner reasoned that the 790 is better suited to my limited abilities.
So with cash in the bank do I buy new or used?
Quite a few for sale in the UK about £1K less than new but might have had a hard life as a few seem to be dealer demo bikes and might not have been given a sympathetic run in period.
Also wondering if a slightly later build date might have avoided some of the minor faults of the earlier bikes.
You are correct the 1290SDR is a monster that's hard push to the limits on the roads
The 790 is a great choice and will seem a significant update to your 990.

I think the NEW or USED is down to what's the best price available and your budget
i have seen some used 790's sell for £6500 which is a big saving over list. I buy both new and used bikes but i only buy modern used bikes that are well looked after in great condition

Remember even a used bike with have some of the manufacturers warranty to protect you.

Faults and niggles most owners have not had any problems, I would not worry overly about this if your buying from a good main dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts