KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious is anyone got a new bike for Christmas?

I would imagine lots of you got some added bling for your ride, but how bout the whole enchilada?

Wheel Tire Hairstyle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Nope - not one tiny bit of bikey-bling even. Gunsights and Headphones this year.

"Exotic Glass" is a serious weakness of mine.

a d m i n .
Waiting on my '22 Tenere 700... Some lite mods/maint of my CBR1K SP while in this winter season.

Registered
Curious is anyone got a new bike for Christmas?

I would imagine lots of you got some added bling for your ride, but how bout the whole enchilada?

View attachment 8550
Bling this season will consist of a front tire for the Triumph. Appears 100/90-19 is a very popular size and there seems to be a supply chain issue. None of the big supply houses have that size in stock unless you don't mind running Shinkos (?)

Registered
Bling this season will consist of a front tire for the Triumph. Appears 100/90-19 is a very popular size and there seems to be a supply chain issue. None of the big supply houses have that size in stock unless you don't mind running Shinkos (?)
Late last year I had problems getting tyres for my car. The problem - I believe - is raw rubber availability. Plus shipping Container shortfalls. Soon we may all depend on Russian Dandelions!

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waiting on my '22 Tenere 700... Some lite mods/maint of my CBR1K SP while in this winter season.
JD you will love the T-700. My riding buddy has one and absolutely loves it. He rides it off road quite a lot and is amazed at how well it works in the dirt. I am not talking just smooth dirt roads, he does mud, snow, single track, and a few rocks too.

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Registered
I crashed over the holidays so now Santa is coming post-holiday with a bunch of new parts. :) Just cosmetic damage to the bike but I took the opportunity to swap for a ProTaper bar, adding heated grips, and a PP side case & rack.

Registered
I've been seriously thinking about getting a T7 too. Second hand prices of them are crazy here!
Crazy high or crazy low?. Everything is being listed crazy high here - but S/H prices here are high to start with so some stuff is close to new price.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
My Duke got new suspension. K -tech shock is on already and cartridges are still on the way from UK. Love the shock so far, can't wait for my forks to get done!
Shoe Bumper Gas Electrical wiring Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Duke got new suspension. K -tech shock is on already and cartridges are still on the way from UK. Love the shock so far, can't wait for my forks to get done
Glad you like it.

How does the shock compare to the stock one? Does it still have the plushness of the stocker over the smaller bumps?

My experience with aftermarket shocks is they tend to be on the harsh side and more oriented to track riding than street.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Oh man, there's absolutely no comparison! I found nothing plush about the stock shock. It was a literal shock on my body. I came in at 190 lbs in full gear (which seriously alarmed me), just for comparison. Stock was o.k. over small stuff and a jaw breaker over big or sharp bumps. The K-tech feels like a magic carpet everywhere. They warned me that it might make the front feel even worse but the opposite is true; the front feels more compliant over small stuff, much better. Sharp bumps still rattle my cage about the same, but overall the ride is much nicer, plusher, and my butt is absolutely exstatically happier! Well worth the investment. I can only hope the cartridges do the same for the front.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have a link to where you got it? I found their car shock web site but nothing for bikes?

a d m i n .
Everything is being listed crazy high here - but S/H prices here are high to start with so some stuff is close to new price.
My Yammi-Honda dlr doesn鈥檛 charge freight n build for new motos.

Super Moderator
Considering a track only purchase for the next track day season. Didn't pull the trigger, yet.

Reactions: Brumm and J D
1 - 20 of 21 Posts