KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a new Duke 790 owner since 3 weeks.

It's been 20 years that I ride on a motorcycle, on road and track and i like the mechanics.
I owned a SV650, a TL1000R, a CBR954, a ZX7R, and a Z750.
My last bike was a 401 svartpilen and this bike was perfect for my home work commute with unmatched maneuverability and incredible fun on its handlebars.
One night my wife asked me to take a motorcycle with which we could more easily ride together.
:grin:
I chose the duke 790 for its lightness and keep fun and for the passenger "comfort". Now I was trying to ride at reasonable speeds with the duke, which was easier with the 401.

I'll try to post some pictures today :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the photos, i mount an ebay tail tidy for 45€ , my skyrich lithium battery, the same model as the svartpilen 401, one bar end mirror...
I like the SC project S1 exhauste but I have to call the banker before buy it :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome @Fred71530 - great to have you here!

I looked at the Vitpilen models - I really like the look, so unusual and distinctive. Still glad I went for the 790 Duke though!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The mirror looks great - which is it? What's the rear visibility like?

I think the standard ones work well enough - for me left is rear view (straight behind), right shows me full lane outside me on the right. They are definitely not the best looking though!

The tail tidy looks nice - I'm still keeping mine stock for the time being (I don't ride in the rain too much but sometimes it does get wet here in the UK and I worry about all the spray going up my back!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Fred and welcome I had a TL1000R a heavy beast that needed muscling into corners compared to the 790 which is so flickable and light. Any more upgrades due.

·
A d m i n .
151,127 Posts
Hi Fred and welcome I had a TL1000R a heavy beast that needed muscling into corners compared to the 790 which is so flickable and light. Any more upgrades due.
With that funky Rotary shock. :smile: A bud has the R, another had the S, one had the Duc, me and my first. (of 4), superhawk, battle of the twins, haha.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to have them always in my workshop :crying:

The youngest will never know the fear of accelerate on the corner with a TL1000R with a short transmission without electronic :grin::grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mirror looks great - which is it? What's the rear visibility like?

I think the standard ones work well enough - for me left is rear view (straight behind), right shows me full lane outside me on the right. They are definitely not the best looking though!

The tail tidy looks nice - I'm still keeping mine stock for the time being (I don't ride in the rain too much but sometimes it does get wet here in the UK and I worry about all the spray going up my back!

Quality is great and price too. The miror is not very large but there is no vibration. With the OEM mirors i always look my shoulders, with the bar end miror the visibility is better but you must look away from the road more time to see back... the mirrors are no longer in the direct field of vision, it s probably better if you turn the miror above the handlebars but aesthetically I prefer at the bottom

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bqXGIwdK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts