KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member from SE QLD Australia here. Picked up my new black beastie today. First new bike in 10 years and loving it. Light, agile and everything l wanted. Question, it might be because it’s new but idle even when warm sits at 1500ish rpm. Is that normal ? Gonna leave it mostly stock but will add flyscreen, lift bobbins, rim stickers and probably Mustard bike rear guard eliminator. Cheers all 😁

·
Registered
56 Posts
G’day magoo
Congrats on the new bike!
According to the owners manual the normal idle speed is 1750RPM +/-50
Best
Booney

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi magoo and welcome. I live in Brisbane, southside. There is another SEQ bloke too who lives northside somewhere -"Roadsider". We did correspond about having a ride together over Mt. Glorious but I am so slack I have not been in touch with him. I have a couple of Royal Enfields as well as the 790 so most organised rides are with the RE folks - that's my excuse I guess. Cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Magoo...
newbie here too ... keen to find out what everyone's doin to their D790's ..... I am 30k's sth west of Ballarat .... wetnwild ! ... hopped of a VFR800 for this rocketship instead ... what a hoot ! just like an XR500 on Steroids .... love it !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Magoo...
newbie here too ... keen to find out what everyone's doin to their D790's ..... I am 30k's sth west of Ballarat .... wetnwild ! ... hopped of a VFR800 for this rocketship instead ... what a hoot ! just like an XR500 on Steroids .... love it !
I moved from a VFR800 as well. Had the VFR 17 years and thought it would be difficult to beat. On fast open roads the VFR would beat the KTM easily, but on the tight stuff the KTM is such fun. Also I wanted to slow down from the high speeds I was doing on the VFR, the KTM seems happier at lower speeds (less bangs per minute) and the unfaired riding position is a natural limiter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts