KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting the rear wheel mounted was a humbling experience. I ended up removing the brake pads until I had the wheel inside the swingarm with the disc inside the caliper. I figured that, since the inner pad kept falling out, I’d just remove them both. Once the wheel was in position, the pads slipped back into place, easy peasy.

What front stand are you guys using? Neither of mine would allow the front axle to slide out. So, I had to us a jack and a 2x4 under the engine and then put weight on the back of the bike to hold it down.

The weather report keeps looking worse and worse for tomorrow morning. Bummer.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thwarted by rain in “sunny” Southern California. At least there’s MotoGP to watch.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I thought it doesn't rain in S Cali? haha, sorry hombre. I'm out riding, but with the woman, so I'm on the ZX-14R. Rained this am, but nice now.
It doesn't. Lived 15 minutes away from Mulholland's snake. Six years and no rain. Moved to Charlotte North Carolina two years ago. Lots of rain.

I did hear they had some Rain in SoCal lately, though... After I left...

Myself, I am a sucker for Dunlop's Q's (Q2, Q3, Q3+). Great traction and always very quick steering, without being twitchy. Will, probably, try the Q3+ out next.

Had to move after they stopped having MotoGP in Laguna :rolleyes:. Superbikes are also fun, but not exactly the same.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll be riding up to Laguna Seca to see WSBK in July. It’s not MotoGP, but I’m still stoked to be going.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I’ll be riding up to Laguna Seca to see WSBK in July. It’s not MotoGP, but I’m still stoked to be going.
Watched a couple of both in Laguna Seca, over the years. MotoGP is more of a crowd attraction. World SBK is much more intimate. Possible to get much closer to the bikes, teams. riders and some of the VIPs.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watched a couple of both in Laguna Seca, over the years. MotoGP is more of a crowd attraction. World SBK is much more intimate. Possible to get much closer to the bikes, teams. riders and some of the VIPs.
I’ve gone to quite a few MotoGP and WSBK events at Laguna Seca over the years. The first trip was in 1990, the year Eddie Lawson went bombing down the hill into Turn 2 only to discover that he had no front brakes. The track has changed a lot since then, and I’ve done a couple track days there. I’ll be riding the 790 up, doing a track day after the races, and riding back to LA. I’m already counting the days.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I’ve gone to quite a few MotoGP and WSBK events at Laguna Seca over the years. The first trip was in 1990, the year Eddie Lawson went bombing down the hill into Turn 2 only to discover that he had no front brakes. The track has changed a lot since then, and I’ve done a couple track days there. I’ll be riding the 790 up, doing a track day after the races, and riding back to LA. I’m already counting the days.
Done a couple of track days myself on the 790, its bloody awesome on the track. GOOD rubber, this baby likes to lean in the corners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts