KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t figure out what’s leaking from right under the radiator don’t think it’s coolant because it’s not pink! It seems like it might be brake fluid possibly Someone help
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
Looks like coolant. It doesn't seem to have the consistency of oil. There is a lot of info about this.

Loose radiator hose clamp on the left side, was where most of us saw the leak develop. A two minute fix. Just have a screwdriver handy. I will find the correct thread and post a link.

Reactions: Stewart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like coolant. It doesn't seem to have the consistency of oil. There is a lot of info about this.

Loose radiator hose clamp on the left side, was where most of us saw the leak develop. A two minute fix. Just have a screwdriver handy. I will find the correct thread and post a link.
The only reason I don’t think it’s coolant is isn’t the coolant pink?

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
201 Posts
It might be a leak from the O2 sensor directly above where the pool of liquid is. Check it for tightness.

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
201 Posts
There is oil in the o2 sensor?
No. But I assume it is condensation from the exhaust that leaks around the edge of the sensor. I had it happen after a couple of thousand Kms. Have you checked if it is tight? It looks like there is moisture around one of them in your photo

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
The only reason I don’t think it’s coolant is isn’t the coolant pink?
No worries. It can be one of four things: oil, fuel, brake fluid or coolant. No other liquids in a bike.

Touch it. It will be very clear what it is not. My bet would be that you will be left with water/coolant. Also the right location for coolant leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts