KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, nice to meet you all.

So picked up my new 790 last weekend, put 500miles on her already and got the first service booked in for next weekend. I've been riding a while, started on a ZX6R, then another before going racing for about 5yr. Decided my pockets weren't deep enough and bought a Versys to do a bit a touring on. Yeah it was fun, but I needed something I could throw around and have a bit of fun on. Enter the 790.

It's been a great first week with the bike, happy with my purchase. I think the quickshifter is my only gripe, could definitely be better. Especially when you compare it to the Aprilia quickshifter. Hopefully I'll be able to see what it's like at full throttle after the service.

Cheers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome @Duke!

I am three months into owning my 790 Duke - what a great bike it is.

After the first service the bike was *much* improved.

The service technician spent some time adjusting the quickshifter after I mentioned it was a little clunky and sometimes hit false neutrals (almost always between 5th & 6th gears). The changes completely transformed it - it just snicks up or down perfectly every time.

The low speed throttle improved dramatically too - I think it was a result of a software update. We have lots of 30 mph speed limits in the UK (in towns) and before it was on the edge of 3rd/4th gear - it would hunt in 4th and not be comfortable just rolling along. After the service it was so much better!

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Welcome, Duke!

First service includes programming of the shift shaft sensor (or so the manual says). Maybe it will help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a little clunky and sometimes hit false neutrals (almost always between 5th & 6th gears).
Same, so far 5 false neutrals. All from 5th to 6th. Hopefully the first service will help to sort it out.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Welcome Duke! My QS has been great and was even better after the first service. Glad to have you man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts