KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My 790 was delivered ten days ago - what a bike!
Sold my Honda VFR800 after 18 years of ownership, a wonderful bike that is going to be a hard act to follow. I wanted a naked, something a lot lighter, less power would be OK, and good suspension. Looked at Ducati 821, Yamaha MY07 (FZ07), even Kawasaki Z650. Had in mind a 690 Duke at first but glad I went for the 790.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all, My 790 was delivered ten days ago - what a bike!
Sold my Honda VFR800 after 18 years of ownership, a wonderful bike that is going to be a hard act to follow. I wanted a naked, something a lot lighter, less power would be OK, and good suspension. Looked at Ducati 821, Yamaha MY07 (FZ07), even Kawasaki Z650. Had in mind a 690 Duke at first but glad I went for the 790.
Welcome!
Only recently got on board myself but so far looks like a friendly bunch that want to share and help each other out.:smile:
I was also looking at the 690 but it’s still relatively expensive used in comparison to the 790 so not such a good buy.
Depending on how you ride, what roads, and what you’re used to then you may want to upgrade the suspension, tyres and brakes. Anyway the basic bike is pretty awesome and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!:devil:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!
Only recently got on board myself but so far looks like a friendly bunch that want to share and help each other out.:smile:
I was also looking at the 690 but it’s still relatively expensive used in comparison to the 790 so not such a good buy.
Depending on how you ride, what roads, and what you’re used to then you may want to upgrade the suspension, tyres and brakes. Anyway the basic bike is pretty awesome and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!:devil:
Thanks Booney - looked at a few 690s - some owners wanted 3/4 the cost of a new 790 for their used Duke Rs!
So the decision was easy. Love the smooth engine on the 790 and the way it is easy to ride at legal speeds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome on board, 18 years wow that is going to be a hard act to follow but if you keep the Duke that long gives you plenty of time to personalise and yes the power delivery is very smoooooth making riding relaxed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts