KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am using it on my duke 890r.
I am very pleased with the performance.
it sorted the flat spot at 5000rpm.
I did not instal the air box lid included. I Did not like the quality.
I am only running an aftermarked muffler sc-project. I still have the catalysator installed.
so far very satisfied with the product, except the air box lid. Prefer to keep the original.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Looks from the video to be MUCH MUCH EASIER TO FIT than the old one. I have the original old one fitted.

I also agree about the AIR BOX LID - It does improve mid range - but ime the overall response is better with the original in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It certainly looks interesting on the Pirate Racing video, there was an earlier video where he mentioned a wire on the box that can be cut to actually change the fueling but only for 'race' use, unfortunately there is no mention of this on the Coober website.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
spoke today with coober guy. looks like the new ecu is working different then the old one.
have order one for testing let's see how it works
The new one ONLY intercepts the O2 sensor feeds. The old one intercepts a hell of a lot more besides. Of course what only really matters are the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Regarding the evo map configuration of the lm ecu. You cut the shrink tape away located where the wires meet the lm ecu. Under shrink tape you will find A loop wire “black” this you must cut. When you do this the lm ecu rich up the fueling if your are running decat and airbox lid mod. I just did this and trust me, you will feel the difference in power 🤩🤘🏻 This is also what pirate on YouTube explains. He did test a duke 890r with decat and arrow twin slipon. He Got impressive results on the dyno chart!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the box with catalyst install in the beginning with only a s1 slip on. You will feel the improvement with the box installed. Better torque. And bike is running smoother. And the 5000rpm lack disappears. But with cat installed you must not cut the loop wire as I mentioned earlier 😊

·
Registered
55 Posts
Real question is when combining the new cobber ECU with Rottweiler's new intake would you cut the loop to take advantage of all the additional air or not? (with cat still installed)

Would love to see a dyno chart of Rottweiler's new intake with coober vs open flash performance tune vs power commander. cat intact.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This looks pretty impressive addressing the low end lean is more interesting that peak HP for me. Also knowing it can be used today with a cat, or down the road with a decat… but I too would love to see it on a dyno with the Rotti intake!!

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
21 Posts
what?
can you translate this to me?
I think he is saying 'talk me out of buying this - IF it does not make sense since he is not removing his cat.

I'm following along in the same way and the answer that I am ASSUMING, is - yes this device is a quick and easy way for anyone to gain some power, but not ULTIMATE power and control, for that you'd need the other device that has been mentioned in here. It does seem like coober is trying to give people the option of race/street without the need for being on a dyno. I like the coober idea and I might actually go for it over the tried and true power commander.

Sometimes simplicity and streetability just outright win in my book.

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be honest, I still remain a bit doubtful about mid-range improvement without actual modification of the afr, but some seat of the pants dynos say yes so I gave it a go !
Would be nice to have simple comparative charts with/without the LM box though ...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
To be honest, I still remain a bit doubtful about mid-range improvement without actual modification of the afr, but some seat of the pants dynos say yes so I gave it a go !
Would be nice to have simple comparative charts with/without the LM box though ...
If it is ANYTHING like the original COOBER - You'll notice it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts