KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

New Bars

13K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Scalpel 
#1 · (Edited)
upgraded my Handle Bars today. After much contemplating i went with the Pro Taper Steering Damper Low Evo Bar.

I wanted a more aggressive stance on the Bike.

after correcting the preload on the rearshock coupled with the new bars it feels like a new bike.

they are 4cms wider overall. but it makes them more comfortable.

A shout out to KTM for making so easy. no need for drilling or using grip glue (y)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I’m a little under 5’ 6” like you I don’t want it too aggressive I’ve not ridden it yet but Sat on it feels fine,
at the moment a great deal of my riding is motorway so I’m just trying to get out out of some of the wind blast.
im not interested in fitting a screen as I feel this may cause a handling issue and not keen on how they look.

#6 ·
Im 6'. the stock bars are were approx 9cm high. the pro taper bar is around 6cm. but they have much less sweep.
but still you are probably only leaning forward an extra 7-8 cm.
it is still very comfortable. I came from sports bikes and thats not what i was after.

the straighter bar make slow speed maneuvering so much easier.

rearsets next to lift my knees a little and i will be happy.

#12 ·
You have also the KTM PowerPart HandleBar option, and also the 890R Standard Bar.
Actually, it should be interesting to know if there are differencies between the 790 PP handlebar and the 890R standard one, a part the colour, and what they are.
Those are the PP handlebar specs (code 6410290100004):
Different geometry compared to the standard handlebar, to bring the rider in a more active riding position
High grade orange anodized aluminum
28,50 mm diameter at the clamping area
22,15 mm diameter at the lever area
Dimensions: A = 96 mm, B = 767 mm, C = 107 mm

#20 ·
These bars do not clear Andreani cartridge adjusters when the bar mounts are in the forward position. Maaaaaybe once preload and valving is set, but likely won't be able to get a low-pro allen key in at the adjusters. Will update for the sake of keeping bar info in one place.

My hand position is great now though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.