KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive broken away from the traditional black on black and black on orange colour scheme. Wife brough me a birthday present for my up coming 60th. No slipper clutch, no up and down quick shifter, no brakes no ground clearance and no rush to get anywhere. 1954 BSA 500. Thanks love, your a keeper.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the other KTM in the picture?
1290GT colombo. For fast touring,:smile: Multistrada on the far end for touring with the wife:plain:, 790 for track days and back road hooning:surprise: Green machine is to remind me how great the other 3 are.:grin:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovely garage there, just missing an EXC 250 🤣
I had a 525 about 5 years back and did some damage to my body, incredible machine on the big dirt hills, but i went over a very high bank into a heap of trees, wrecked my knees and dislocated some fingers (grabing a branch) My body was telling me then that my time on the dirt trails was coming to an end. Sad time as I've had dirt bikes most of my life, and i live amongst farms, and my mate has a 2km loop on his bush section, tight tough track we made to prepare us for big trail rides.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Just lovely Dave - is that the BSA A7? Bikes of that era are still fantastic fun. Your wife really is one in a million!

I had a 1955 Tiger 100 when I was an engineering student - the only transport I had. Hard going in UK winters.

Don't laugh but here's a picture when I was about 19 on the Tiger. At least I had hair then :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ Thats a great photo Geoff, yes its a 54 A7 Shooting Star. The reverse gear box on the opposite side gets me thinking before i change gear and brake. Fun tho. I love the look of those old English bikes from the 50s and 60s. Oil leakers with character. Im thinking of taking the 1290 out for a blast tomorrow. Jeezze its going to feel fast smooth and modern, yee har.

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
I had a 525 about 5 years back and did some damage to my body, incredible machine on the big dirt hills, but i went over a very high bank into a heap of trees, wrecked my knees and dislocated some fingers (grabing a branch) My body was telling me then that my time on the dirt trails was coming to an end. Sad time as I've had dirt bikes most of my life, and i live amongst farms, and my mate has a 2km loop on his bush section, tight tough track we made to prepare us for big trail rides.
oh man, the track sounds awesome.

Makes me sad, also used to ride a lot of dirt bikes when I was younger, was hoping to get back into it again, being older and more sensible, but I know deep down that at some point my "bravery/stupidity" will exceed my talent. When you are young you seem to bounce, when you get older you break and crack :grin:

Although there's some calmer green laning trails here in the UK, maybe once we move out the city I'll take another look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts