KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! Been lurking here since I picked up my 890 a few weeks ago. I sold my 701 sumo to upgrade to a more well-rounded bike and couldn't be happier. I figured I could help some people out in their research for this bike while I pick your brains as well!

Been riding since ~2001. Had a few R6's, Gixxer 750, WR250, 701 Sumo, R3 race bike, and now the Duke. I've been in the industry on/off for nearly a decade as well; worked for Cycle Gear HQ, then LeoVince, Arrow, misc performance parts distributor, track day instructor, and racer. Currently supported by a few brands in racing... I'm not that fast but I am a 1-armed rider and they have been very generous to help me keep at it (especially Rekluse!).

Current/planned additions

From Rottweiler:
Techmoto CF case covers
Evotech sliders (both axles, frame is back ordered)
Evotech fender eliminator
Cyclops turn signals
TechSpec tank grips

From maxicarbon.com
Chain guard
Side fairings (the black ones under the tank)
Keyguard and keyguard cover

Full electronics unlock (Tech pack/Track pack/Cruise control+new switches)

Exhaust TBD

I share all of that to say.... of all the bikes I've ridden/owned/researched, the 890 is my overall favorite. It's not the fastest, it's not the nimblest, best sounding, and it's not flashiest.... but it is pretty damn close in all of those categories but all wrapped up in ONE bike. It's more agile than my race-prepped R3, faster than my R6 (and my buddy's MT09), more wheelie-capable than my 701, and more comfortable than all of them.

The handsome dude...

Shortly after my turn signal caught on fire at the track 馃槅 (Painter's tape lit up)

Right after the Techmoto case-cover guard install

Father's day weekend ride

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
Welcome and thanks for sharing about yourself and the new 890!

Cool story, cool pics, and I can't wait to read more about your progress with the 890 with Mods and feedback!

Registered
Howdy! Been lurking here since I picked up my 890 a few weeks ago. I sold my 701 sumo to upgrade to a more well-rounded bike and couldn't be happier. I figured I could help some people out in their research for this bike while I pick your brains as well!

Been riding since ~2001. Had a few R6's, Gixxer 750, WR250, 701 Sumo, R3 race bike, and now the Duke. I've been in the industry on/off for nearly a decade as well; worked for Cycle Gear HQ, then LeoVince, Arrow, misc performance parts distributor, track day instructor, and racer. Currently supported by a few brands in racing... I'm not that fast but I am a 1-armed rider and they have been very generous to help me keep at it (especially Rekluse!).

Current/planned additions

From Rottweiler:
Techmoto CF case covers
Evotech sliders (both axles, frame is back ordered)
Evotech fender eliminator
Cyclops turn signals
TechSpec tank grips

From maxicarbon.com
Chain guard
Side fairings (the black ones under the tank)
Keyguard and keyguard cover

Full electronics unlock (Tech pack/Track pack/Cruise control+new switches)

Exhaust TBD

I share all of that to say.... of all the bikes I've ridden/owned/researched, the 890 is my overall favorite. It's not the fastest, it's not the nimblest, best sounding, and it's not flashiest.... but it is pretty damn close in all of those categories but all wrapped up in ONE bike. It's more agile than my race-prepped R3, faster than my R6 (and my buddy's MT09), more wheelie-capable than my 701, and more comfortable than all of them.

The handsome dude...

Shortly after my turn signal caught on fire at the track 馃槅 (Painter's tape lit up)

Right after the Techmoto case-cover guard install

Father's day weekend ride
@cg_ops I am planning to order Cyclops multi function turn signals from Rottweiler Performance for my 2019 790 Duke (US Spec bike). Will I be needing any resistors/adapters for the set up or is it plug & play with the stock connectors ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@cg_ops I am planning to order Cyclops multi function turn signals from Rottweiler Performance for my 2019 790 Duke (US Spec bike). Will I be needing any resistors/adapters for the set up or is it plug & play with the stock connectors ?
Yes, you'll want some resistors. They'll work without them but, as i'm learning, the dash indicator doesn't work AT ALL without them.

Bonus link to video of the front ones when I turn on the bike, running lights, and activating my turn signals. (I guess I can't insert MP4 as an image)
Also, got my cruise control installed and moved the buttons to the right so I can use them!

Registered
Yes, you'll want some resistors. They'll work without them but, as i'm learning, the dash indicator doesn't work AT ALL without them.

Bonus link to video of the front ones when I turn on the bike, running lights, and activating my turn signals. (I guess I can't insert MP4 as an image)
Also, got my cruise control installed and moved the buttons to the right so I can use them!

I will be adding these in the front & rear. Does the kit come with the flasher adapter (similar to the one in 790 adv) ? I am not sure if we need one for 790 duke. They look very good in the video and also keep us posted on your fix for the dash indicator.

Registered
Not sure if this helps but cyclops has a LED flasher with KTM connectors [+$24.95]

Registered
Welcome cg-ops, nice 890. Just an aside, there is a racer in Australia who has one arm and one leg. He was welcomed by the racer fraternity but had to argue with the racing body to get the number he wanted. He won that argument and has raced since with his number.... 1/2 馃榿 cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome cg-ops, nice 890. Just an aside, there is a racer in Australia who has one arm and one leg. He was welcomed by the racer fraternity but had to argue with the racing body to get the number he wanted. He won that argument and has raced since with his number.... 1/2 馃榿 cheers
I've seen a lot of good things about Alan Kempster - he's the one that inspired me to give racing another go!

This was a little practice for my first post-accident race, getting ready to run Formula Singles in AFM. I ended up winning the novice class that year in that class but haven't had as much luck in the 300SS and Lightweigt Twins since

1 - 9 of 9 Posts