KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planned to test ride first once snow cleared but bikes are flying out of the show rooms these days due to Corona (one of the things you can do and people have more money as travel less...those that still have a job) so couldn't risk waiting. 2020 model with zero milage so got a discount, all stock (the full akra will be swapped back to OE, to expensive and European police are getting very strict with cans and noise). So only extras for now are the quickshifter+ and the PP tail tidy (still not installed).

This is my 12. KTM and 5th twin, had two 990SDRs, a 950 Superenduro and a 990 SMR that traded in for the 890. Also have a 690 enduro and 450EXC so pretty well covered.

Can't wait til summer...now off to ski in the mountains (y)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Planned to test ride first once snow cleared but bikes are flying out of the show rooms these days due to Corona (one of the things you can do and people have more money as travel less...those that still have a job) so couldn't risk waiting. 2020 model with zero milage so got a discount, all stock (the full akra will be swapped back to OE, to expensive and European police are getting very strict with cans and noise). So only extras for now are the quickshifter+ and the PP tail tidy (still not installed).

This is my 12. KTM and 5th twin, had two 990SDRs, a 950 Superenduro and a 990 SMR that traded in for the 890. Also have a 690 enduro and 450EXC so pretty well covered.

Can't wait til summer...now off to ski in the mountains (y)

Congratulations on the new bike @Pingvin.

Love the snow view, skiing up there must be amazing - tusind tak for posting!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't you just HATE some people in life...😅
Enjoy, that looks fun. I will get an off road bike when I've done with the road racing

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And here I am stuck here in Southern California with all this year round sunshine. :)
Ah. lucky bastards :(

But someone said that if you have snow you might as well enjoy it, if you don't you will have less joy in life but just as much snow. Or something like that. So I do :cool:

And love the Scandinavian summers with sun 24/7, this pic is taken at midnight last June:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
-5 is still, by my reasoning, CHILLY esp with wind chill on top.
Saw 17°C on my way home. Won't need the thermals soon ;)
Which bit of the Kingdom are you in?. Cold, very Cold or Insanely Cold?.

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-5 is still, by my reasoning, CHILLY esp with wind chill on top.
Saw 17°C on my way home. Won't need the thermals soon ;)
Which bit of the Kingdom are you in?. Cold, very Cold or Insanely Cold?.
South-East Norway (Kongsberg, 1hr from Oslo), there are colder areas in Norway but still we do sometimes get -25C. 😨

Video from same road as first pic:

·
Registered
415 Posts
South-East Norway (Kongsberg, 1hr from Oslo), there are colder areas in Norway but still we do sometimes get -25C. 😨

Video from same road as first pic:

What's it like riding in the snow with studs? Very different to dirt?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
OK 25 below is nasty cold. I was near there (I think) the year the Lillehammer Winter Olympics were on - Some IT conference.
I know we weren't near Lillehammer or in Oslo centre as there were no hotels free.

Never been to Norway in summer. Always winter. Odd as I really do not like the cold.

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was in Lillehammer during the Olympics in 1994 and, yes, it was REALLY cold 🥶 It wasn't easy getting tickets for the events but somehow I was lucky getting several. Only problem was that my wife got pregnant but they converted our tickets (no seat, bad view) to handicap tickets so we had seats in he best possible positions, just a few meters from the king 😅
What's it like riding in the snow with studs? Very different to dirt?
It's fantastic, better grip than gravel but you can still slide. Very consistent grip and if you still crash it's snow banks instead of rocks 👍

Slightly off topic, this is a buddy of mine riding just 15min from my house. Been very cold and snowing for days so snow was super fluffy 😀

1 - 16 of 16 Posts