KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce from Sydney Australia.
Paid for a 790 Duke last week it will be ready Monday or Tuesday.
It's a new 2018 model with a good discount.
Been reading the forum to see what if any issues might happen with a new 790 (just in case:smile:).
Wanted something lighter than my current bike, a Multistrada.
The multi is on a boat heading to Sydney, back in October after riding it for 4 months in Africa and Europe.
Rented an 1190 ADV in the USA a couple of years ago, very impressed with it, so looking forward to getting on the 790

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome desmonator! I received my 790 a couple of weeks ago. Could not be happier. Come down my way and ride Macquarie Pass sometime - you will not believe how good this bike is on a twisting mountain road.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome desmonator! I received my 790 a couple of weeks ago. Could not be happier. Come down my way and ride Macquarie Pass sometime - you will not believe how good this bike is on a twisting mountain road.
Haven't been that way for a few years, national park, kangaroo valley etc, I'll have to do it.........after bike is run in:devil:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey mate. Did you mention mac pass ride?

I'm in the southern highlands, whereabouts are you? I'm getting my duke back with a new engine on the 6th Sept, def lets catch up for a ride after that!

Cheers,

Ads

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome Bruce..! Great to have you here. Sounds like you did some extensive riding around Europe, love to see fotos.
I annoy family and friends with photos..........I rarely take any:smile_big:
Never want to stop while riding so I've got a few pics of hotels, random streets near fuel stops, what I'm about to eat.
I'll get a few pics up soon.

Hey mate. Did you mention mac pass ride?

I'm in the southern highlands, whereabouts are you? I'm getting my duke back with a new engine on the 6th Sept, def lets catch up for a ride after that!

Cheers,

Ads
Near Central Sydney. I'm free most days for some riding!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from across the Ditch! I've had my 790 since March and love it to bits. I haven't had any issues at all with mine and it makes me laugh every time I ride it. Enjoy your purchase!
Likewise with most KTM experiences I have seen, some so good its creating converts from BMW :devil:

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Likewise with most KTM experiences I have seen, some so good its creating converts from BMW :devil:
Hahahaha! In my case, the previous bike was a GSX-S 1000, prior to that a 675 Street Triple and before that a Honda Blackbird. Can't be accused of preferring one brand although I'm a Triumph man at heart (note my avatar). The Street Triple was a grin machine too and I nearly bought the 765 this time around. I'm an old fart with stuffed knees and a light bike was my priority (without sacrificing performance) :grin:

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I am sure you will love the bike. Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You will the 790!... Best fun I've had on a bike for quite some time. It's one of those bikes not too many people know about out on the streets so it gets quite a bit of attention here in Darwin. Other bikers who don't know much about it get a surprised when I leave them at the lights. It's like this sleeper that shocks them! lol....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sydney numbers growing?

Hey Bruce -

I think you might be featured in Procycles Instagram page! I got my demo 790D from them too. Not sure exactly how many lurkers there are here but there must be nearly enough 790s in Sydney for a meetup & ride sometime soon.

I ride pretty regularly with a Meetups group but I’m happy to coordinate an easy run in the coming weeks if there’s any interest? I’m on the North side so maybe the Old Road from Berowra to Kulnura for a coffee? Whaddareckon guys/girls?

Tom in Sydney

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, probably me. Didn't know what they wanted a photo for.
If I knew I was going to be an influencer I would have declined the snap.

I'm lower North Shore, I'm in for an old road run, PITS, Warriors, Kulnura, beyond.
Any day ending in y suits me.

21KM on bike, got home to put radiator guard on, got a call from shipping Co's Australian agent.
Without saying it, they have stuffed up return of my 'other bike'. Could be denied re-entry.
That afternoon on the phone trying to sort something out, no rad guard on, then rain all day Thursday and Friday. Still only 21KM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts