KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday picked up my brand new 2019 model duke 790 as an upgrade from my duke 390.
Absolutely loving it so far and the first 150Kms have been awesome - although I am running it in so not going too hard out and trying to vary the gears and throttle etc.

First thing i did when i got home was put the booster plug from my old 390 on as that really fixed the low revs jumpiness in my 390 - will test if it makes a difference on the 790 today - just hoping sport mode is a bit less jerky as it's more fun :)

I almost bought a Street Triple RS but after test driving it - it just didn't feel comfortable after a while and the 790 upright riding position just feels more natural.

Loving it so far and hoping to get some good advice on future upgrades and tips down the line.

So far:
powerparts touring screen
powerparts heated grips
Boosterplug (from the 390)

Thanks!

Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sam, I'm up the road in Coromandel! Had mine for a little over 18 months and love it to bits. I nearly bought a 765 Triple too after riding one (had a 675 a few years back) but the 790 made me laugh more. Enjoy your ownership!
Like the packrack! Also see you have the powerparts tank protector - does it work well? I used oxford one on my 390 as like to grip the tank with my legs but the 790 it feels like im gripping the plastic cover below the tank fairing (i'm only 5'9) so wasnt sure where the best place for the grips was on this one...

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Like the packrack! Also see you have the powerparts tank protector - does it work well? I used oxford one on my 390 as like to grip the tank with my legs but the 790 it feels like im gripping the plastic cover below the tank fairing (i'm only 5'9) so wasnt sure where the best place for the grips was on this one...
That pack was about $60 delivered from China and the quality is really good! The tank protector is R&G ex-UK. You can see more photos and the accessories here: The Scalpel - one month and 1500 km down the track . I've added a further 14000-odd km now since writing the article. Hated the Maxxis pure sport tyres and got rid of them at 3500 km. They gripped well in the warmer weather but I couldn't generate enough heat in NZ's colder, wetter weather.

·
Registered
2018 KTM,790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2008 Kawasaki KLE500
163 Posts
Here's mine. Pimped and ready to roll.

I have added a screen since then and put Bridgestone S22s on it at the end of last summer. Great tyres. I really rate them.
Dave is another Kiwi forum member from New Plymouth.

·
Registered
2018 KTM,790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2008 Kawasaki KLE500
163 Posts
Ok. That must be his 790 I see Boyds have on trade me. It looked a bit thrashed:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts