KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm going to be picking up my new 2019 790 duke in March and I'm getting super excited. I've been riding a 125 duke for the last two years, turned 30 in January and thought it was about time to step up to something proper. I'll be looking forward to getting through the run in, and then getting to enjoy the season on my new scalpel!

Pro tip for anyone looking to buy their own 790, the ktm center in Hemel Hempstead had their 2019 stock on sale for around £6500, so you can grab yourself a bargain if they still have any in stock.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
443 Posts
Welcome to the forum T.D.A.! Props on the catchy handle, well played Sir!

Great deals here in Canada on leftover '19's as well! I got a deal on mine last summer but they are going for $1000 less than that now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, picked up the Duke on Saturday and immediately took a 120mile trip with my friend to look at a kawasaki vulcan he's picking up next week.

What a sublime bike, I had no issues at all, it was smooth as silk and handled beautifully, and I've been enjoying showing it off to my friends and family.

I've included some pictures, although I should have taken a few when I picked it up as I've already got it really mucky.....guess I can look forward to getting the hose out this week to give it a clean haha

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey man, great bike! I just ordered the same colour this afternoon. Also in London. Which area are you in? I too turned 30 fairly recently and decided to get into bike life! Also started on a 125 duke. Small world.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha it seems like quite a common move for 125 duke owners. I really rated the baby duke for London riding, it was near perfect for my short commute (10 miles of N.London congestion), but it was beginning to lack for longer rides. The 790 definately feels like something to grow into.

One thing to note right away, it feels alot more thirsty than the 125, you'll notice you're filling up a bit more often, but I still havnt put more than a tenner in the tank at a fill.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haha it seems like quite a common move for 125 duke owners. I really rated the baby duke for London riding, it was near perfect for my short commute (10 miles of N.London congestion), but it was beginning to lack for longer rides. The 790 definately feels like something to grow into.

One thing to note right away, it feels alot more thirsty than the 125, you'll notice you're filling up a bit more often, but I still havnt put more than a tenner in the tank at a fill.
Ah ok, yeah same, my 125 is great for commuting (around 12 miles from south into central) but wanted something to go a bit further afield (and a bit more grunt for dodging buses/taxis truth be told)

Still waiting for the call to tell me it's ready to collect :crying:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh bro, I know how you must be feeling, the week before I picked mine up was rough, just waiting 😞

Let us know how it is when you've picked it up though! Hopefully the country won't be in lock down and you'll be able to get out and stretch it's legs!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ahh bro, I know how you must be feeling, the week before I picked mine up was rough, just waiting 😞

Let us know how it is when you've picked it up though! Hopefully the country won't be in lock down and you'll be able to get out and stretch it's legs!
Ah I hope so! I reckon going out for a ride counts as isolation still anyway....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts