KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
That single malt is amazing.

I didn't host that Irish night. :smile:

Personally, I like Bourbon but Tequila is my fave by far. :devil:
I don't like Bourbon, too sweet, too perfumed for me, and i don't trust myself on Tequila. So i stick to my single malts and Irish beer like Guinness and Kilkenny, or a summer beer like Corona with a slice of lime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jameson, especially the Black Barrel version. On cold days I also enjoy Glenfarclas 105.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
431 Posts
Crown Royal Harvest Blend - #1. Because it's rated the best whiskey in the world and #2 because it's proudly Canadian like me LOL...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have some good whiskey (Knoclkando 18, laphroaig 10, Nikka...), but I prefer the very old rum (Neisson, JM, clément...) and some extra old single cask but it starts to cost more

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
Personally my taste is quite broad when it comes to whiskey/whisky(scotch), I mean there’s one (or more) for just about any occasion.

Generally I prefer the smoother delicately balanced profiles with subtle hints of honey or caramel delicately frolicking against stone fruits or citrus with nutty undertones rooted with a gentle warming spice of cinnamon or clove.

Sometime I’m after a rich fruity date or raisin finish with licks of dark bitter chocolate and roasted coffee caramel undercurrents.

On the odd occasion I may even crave a heavy peaty, smokey, oaky/woody medicinal malt with punch in the face spice notes of chilli and black pepper.

I drink whiskey and soda, an Irish mule, a ginger whiskey, a whiskey sour or a whiskey smash. I’m not impartial to a Manhattan, a Rob Roy, a sazerac or a good old fashioned. After a meal an Irish coffee or when I’m ill a hot toddy. And last but not least of course on the rocks.

I should have called this an ode to whiskey, also I’ve realised I’m probably an alcoholic :devil:

Have a bit of a Japanese collection on the go at the moment, they are doing some truly amazing things

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
I have some good whiskey (Knoclkando 18, laphroaig 10, Nikka...), but I prefer the very old rum (Neisson, JM, clément...) and some extra old single cask but it starts to cost more
Oh yes please, a friend bought us a bottle of Ron Zacapa XO which is now a staple in our drinks cabinet

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh yes please, a friend bought us a bottle of Ron Zacapa XO which is now a staple in our drinks cabinet
I already had Zacapa XO and it stays in my memory. I like to discover new flavor, and there is a lot of diversity in both rum and whiskey. My roll of wine cellar is unfortunately limited to a dozen rum and 5 or 6 whiskey. I live in burgundy and drink often white wine (Meursault, Chassagne, Puligny, St Aubin, Montagny...) and red ( Mercurey, Marrange, Pommard, Gevre-Chambertin, givry, Rully, Aloxe Corton, Monthelie...) :rolleyes:

Your collection of japenese whisky is great, I do not have any for the moment. I discovered peated whiskey with a Nikka a few years ago :smile:

·
Registered
56 Posts
My favourite is without doubt ”Caol Ila” from Islay 18 year minimum & if you can push the boat out “Cask Strength”

My description of it is, peaty, oily, in a smooth way & “of the sea” almost medicinal. The distillery is in a cove tucked away from anywhere & weathered by the sea. It took me about 20 years to find my favourite (yes a lot of tasting :) approximately 85 different malts) but who’s counting!!

So I’ve got my favourite tipple & now my favourite bike! What more could I ask for? (p.s. married for 40 years, so happy with that choice as well!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Alas my whisky drinking days are over☹
However I have fond memories of many a fine Scottish single malt and none of them were ever lacking!
But don’t let snobbery rule in your considerations and you’ll discover ever more delights.
Monkey shoulder is quite a cute little number should you dare to try.
Slange Var 🥃

1 - 20 of 55 Posts