KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it shipped from Power Motor Sports via motoshippers.com.
Awesome all the way except:
No passenger seat
Goo from sticker of some kind on the TFT display that required Mequire's 17 Plastic polish to clean up
Was very dirty, had ash from Oregon fires :( under seat.

Bike was very dirty and had a "left outside in the rain" vibe.

BUT the price was right ($10,999) and they were fantastic to work with.
Went for a short ride today and was really impressed. Can't wait to wring its neck after break-in.

Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
Welcome!
I'm sure you will enjoy the new ride and provide it with a better home.
Bottoms Up!

Registered
2020 790 Duke
That's a real beauty John. I think it will be a keeper.

Your comment about being dirty and sitting in the rain brings back some memories.

When I bought my FZ09 from Power I had looked at some pictures the dealership had posted on their web site. It showed lots of bikes sitting outside that were all wet. So when I talked to the salesman I told him to be sure and grab mine from inside the showroom. He did and it came to me very clean but had some cosmetic damage from another bike in the trailer that fell into mine. At least the shipper was good about paying for the damages. Power has excellent prices and is great to work with. I would buy from them again.

Enjoy your new ride!

Cheers.

Registered
When I bought my FZ09 from Power I had looked at some pictures the dealership had posted on their web site. It showed lots of bikes sitting outside that were all wet.
Yeah, they've got a sea of bikes, quads, sxs, etc on their property. Far more than could ever fit in their new or used showrooms.

Registered
You'll like them. Ask for Dave and tell him Lonny from Eureka sent you. It might help. Mine was $300 shipped to Eureka, CA. I'm not gonna tell my OTD price,. That's between the dealer and the customer. Nothing personal.

Registered
Mine was $300 shipped to Eureka, CA. I'm not gonna tell my OTD price,. That's between the dealer and the customer. Nothing personal.
No worries, I appreciate the details! How long did it motoshippers.com take to go get the bike, and to get it to your destination?

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Yeah, they've got a sea of bikes, quads, sxs, etc on their property. Far more than could ever fit in their new or used showrooms.
Yep wet is the norm up in the Pacific Northwest.

When it comes to a new bike purchase I am a bit anal. I usually buy used but when I go the new route I am kinda picky.

New bike purchase should allow you to be the first one to put a mark on it. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries, I appreciate the details! How long did it motoshippers.com take to go get the bike, and to get it to your destination?
I think I got really lucky. I wired the money on Monday, Motoshippers had a planned pickup the following day and they delivered my bike (in an enclosed trailer) on Wednesday. $300.
Highly recommended.

Registered
3 days. Easy peasy.

Registered
What did you do for temp plates while waiting on the dmv to send you your license plates? I'm assuming the dealer in Oregon couldn't register the bike in Cali for you

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What did you do for temp plates while waiting on the dmv to send you your license plates? I'm assuming the dealer in Oregon couldn't register the bike in Cali for you
Don't laugh. I found the Power Motorsports logo on their facebook page, printed it, taped it to a piece of cardboard and stuck it on the bike.
I'm carrying copies of the Oregon title/odometer thing and the rest of the docs I got from them. Waiting for hard copies to go to DMV (hopefully AAA but I doubt that.)

Registered
2020 790 Duke
I ran a local shop paper advertising plate for 7500 miles on my FZ09.

The trick was to not get pulled over by the Poe. Never did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.