KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my bike here, in the Photos: Leo Vince and Givi 20 Litre. Anyone that has any experience with this exhaust? Power??

Attachments

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
I’ve only had experience with Leo for the past 4 summers on a ZX-14R, but with great results. Excellent quality, workmanship & most importantly, sound.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Anyone that has any experience with this exhaust? Power??
Power.

Well here's the thing - the original end pipe is actually VERY VERY good. If you look it's basically a "straight through" anyway. The shape is however "clever".

That LV looks fairly big with plenty of volume so you might (and I do mean might) get 1 or 2 hp more at HIGH rpms. Maybe 3 with the db-killer out. Some of the shortie pipes are known to rob power.

However without some modifications to the engine mapping you really will not notice much. Except maybe a bit more noise.

Remapping is a bit of a grey area as KTM together with Bosch have conspired to make life difficult. Yes there are options - but you really need to research and see which will be best for you.

There is a lot of deep techie info available on one of the German speaking forums ktmforum.eu - you do need however to filter out the typical "A" is Good, "B" is Bad arguments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts