KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought my 790 brand new back in october last year and it's been having an issue since day 1.
Whenever I hit 7k rpm (even stationary) the bike throws MTC, ABS failure and even disables the quickshifter. If I turn the ignition off and on it's back to normal.
My dealer says he's been asking KTM themselves about this issue and supposedly ordered some kind of new sensor which I've been waiting for for about 2 months now, however,
when I told him the same thing happens even when it's stationary he seemed rather uncertain.

Seeing as this has been going on for long enough I decided to start looking around on forums but couldn't find the same exact issue regarding the RPMs.
Has anyone else seen this issue before? Let me know!

Thanks ❤

·
Super-Member
609 Posts
Man that is crazy! Sounds like it has to do with the ECU or maybe a sensor. If the dealer has it, I would hope they can figure it out. I haven't heard of this happening at all yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
This is a new one, at least for me. Strange indeed. Looks like some trial and error in you future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, at first I'd assume it would be a general issue with the ECU since it disables pretty much every driving aid. But from looking at other posts it seems like the bike just likes to disable the entire electronic package for a single sensor failure.
Anyway, the dealer told me they'll try some kind of "3D sensor" first, the one that determines lean angle etc... Let's hope it's in stock soon!
I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noticed a new issue, not sure how long its been going on. My tail and brake light sometimes dont work. They work fine when I turn on the ignition but turn off when the engine starts. If I kill the engine with the killswitch the lights remain off. I have to turn the ignition on and off, let the engine run a few times and suddenly they work again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like an ignition issue. Not necessarily ignition switch, but possible, or power supply relay/ignition switching. Try starting the bike with seat off and raise rpm while feeling around relays to check for clicking when problem occurs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts