KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
No MotoGP fans here? Nothing to comment on a great race?

·
Registered
236 Posts
No MotoGP fans here? Nothing to comment on a great race?
Big fan here:)
Yet again Spielberg Ring victory eludes Marc, Ducati dominance 3 years in a row. Epic battle between Dovi and Marc again! Marc got the taste of his own medicine in the end. Great race!
Ps: Quartararo will be a beast next year-> especially if Yamaha gives him the latest spec bike for next season.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Interesting that when it comes down to a last lap showdown between Marc and Dovi, it is Dovi that manages to come up on top.

Seems like Dovi's smooth riding style and tire conservation tactics, work out in his favor.

BTW, Marc did not like this race at all:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/927404/1/marquez-dovizioso-was-playing-me
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/145362/marquez-nobody-will-remember-my-austria-defeat

So GOAT or no GOAT, Marc is human after all.
Yeah, Dovi is an intelligent rider. Marc has incredible instincts, great physical shape and he is relentless:). Best tyre management has to go to one of my favorites Alex Rins, who has been killing it on the Suzuki!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Big fan here also, never miss a race here on Sky TV, and have travelled to Philip Island 5 times, Ciszano Riminni, and Imola to watch GP and SB racing. Great race at the Bull Ring, Dovi finally found some form and a setup to make a winning fight at the end, he had me out of the seat doing fist pumps (in the air) And such a great ride by Binder, sliding that KTM to victory.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
...Alex Rins, who has been killing it on the Suzuki!
True that. A bit more HP and a very talented rider on the best handling bike of the grid can be even more influential.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Whats the best and cheapest way to watch it online live ?
After much research I opted to sign up for MotoGP.com

It's not cheap, but offers the best coverage, both live and post event. All stages, practice, qualification, races, old material (historical races) multiple camera angles for every race (pretty cool feature), interviews, press conferences and so on.

Searching the forums I found that signing up through the mobile app, rather than through the PC, saves money. You are getting the exact same subscription. So I did. You also need to monitor for sales, early renewal opportunities, etc. You might be able to get a $10-$20 discount. Sometimes even more.

I ended up paying $140 for the entire season. I found it reasonable for the amount of content I am getting. It's the only sport I am watching religiously.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whats the best and cheapest way to watch it online live ?
After much research I opted to sign up for MotoGP.com

It's not cheap, but offers the best coverage, both live and post event. All stages, practice, qualification, races, old material (historical races) multiple camera angles for every race (pretty cool feature), interviews, press conferences and so on.

Searching the forums I found that signing up through the mobile app, rather than through the PC, saves money. You are getting the exact same subscription. So I did. You also need to monitor for sales, early renewal opportunities, etc. You might be able to get a $10-$20 discount. Sometimes even more.

I ended up paying $140 for the entire season. I found it reasonable for the amount of content I am getting. It's the only sport I am watching religiously.
Thanks. 140$ is not cheap but if its worth it like you said than I might sign up. I used to watch WRC rally and that was like 4£ a month.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
If you sign up know you will pay +/- half the cost, as half the season is already done. You can also buy only specific weekends, if I recall correctly.

As I said, I just bit the bullet and purchased the entire season. I am not missing races and my better half is also a big MotoGP fan.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
I like watching but it is never on. I don't follow it enough to spend that cash. I do watch when I find it on MASN or something but then again, I am so lost with rankings and the rest of the sport that I get disinterested quick. =/

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I find it to be the most engaging form of motor-sport. Some seasons and/or races are more interesting than others, naturally, but I like it nonetheless.

I used to have sources for downloading races a few years ago. I don't do it any longer. At $7.50 per race weekend, with all the additional content, it's not that bad.

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never seem to be able to watch them at the time of. For example, I've still not seen this Austria race in total. I'll comment after I watch the whole, thing, lolZ, which should be soon.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Difficult to have a discussion without spoilers.

BTW, MotoGP.com has a spoiler free web-page. This is where I go to watch recorded races so I don't stumble on a spoiler by mistake.

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Difficult to have a discussion without spoilers.

BTW, MotoGP.com has a spoiler free web-page. This is where I go to watch recorded races so I don't stumble on a spoiler by mistake.
I watched the last 10 minutes, so I know whats up, :smile_big:. No worries on spoilers, everyone should've seen it by now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts